If you are planning to buy a new blender; it is important to consider what you will be using it for; if you work in a restaurant then a commercial blender should be your focus; but maybe you just want a simple and cheap blender to prepare smoothies or protein shakes; or like in the majority of the cases, you are just looking for a standard blender that works effectively in the grinding, blending and whipping tasks. In any of these cases, we can honestly say that Blenders have evolved in the last few decades; from the times of mixing everything by hand: a very laborious task, to the more advanced and all-in-one magic blenders that we find nowadays in the market and can save valuable time in the kitchen.
Once you know what type of blender you need, then you need to think about the different possibilities in order to choose the right one for you; the price, as we all know is one of the most important factors when considering purchasing a blender; they can vary from $12 for a cheap and effective personal blender, and extend to over $1,500 for a commercial blender; however, you must take into account that just because you pay an astronomical price for a product, it doesn’t mean you will get the best quality. A good example is the Oster BCBG08 Cup Glass Jar 8-Speed Blender, you can buy this stylish and practical product on Amazon for less than $40; this blender is one of the most versatile and effective when put to a range of mincing, beating, whisking and grinding
The stainless steel blade and powerful 450 watts motor will make you life simple by doing a great work in blending frozen drinks, iced drinks, pureeing soups, bread crumbs, chopping walnuts as well as mixing and making your own baby food.
This stylish blender has a beautiful design, it is easy to use and clean, durable and the most important thing, it is made in North America, so apart from supporting your own local community, you will also receive a quick and guaranteed post-service support, if needed.
Pros of the Oster BCBG08-C 6-Cup Glass Jar 8-Speed Blender
- Great Amazon’s reviews: 93 customers have given it an average of 4.1 stars out of 5.
- Power: the 450 watt motor and 8 speeds will be as efficient, or in some cases even more efficient than the most expensive blender.
- It is not as noisy as other blenders.
- Versitility: Effective in grinding your own coffee beans and whipping up double cream.
- Durable: scratch resistant glass jar and capable to resist extreme temperature changes.
- Made in North America: spare parts and accessories ara available from the manufacturer.
- Easy to use and clean: it can be washed in the dishwasher.
- Removable filler cap.
- Great value.
Cons of the Oster BCBG08-C 6-Cup Glass Jar 8-Speed Blender
- Altough it has up to 8 different speeds, many people might get confused with the fact that there are 2 speeds per button; but after continue use you will get used to it.
- The small pastic top for measuring is not labelled with lines or measurements.
- A little heavier than a hand or personal blender.