If like me, you have too many people to buy gifts for, it can become a little difficult to think of new and creative gift ideas. I find the best starting point is often to consider the room my loved one enjoys spending much of their time. For friends that enjoy hanging out in the kitchen there is a whole world of kitchen gift ideas to choose from. One novel and interesting kitchen gift idea is to consider Canning Gifts. The Best Canning Gifts for those new to canning or short on suitable utensils must be the Ball Home Canning Starter Kit.
Canning is such a homely traditional activity we tend to disregard it a little. But, in recent times home canning is becoming more popular than ever. A great way to experiment in the kitchen and 'lay down' food stuffs for the coming seasons it really is an interesting and beneficial hobby.
By far the best Canning Gifts for new home canners has to be the Ball Home Canning Starter Kit. Included is everything a good cook needs to lay down foods, canned, pickled, jellied and chutney-ed for the future year. In fact, the only thing missing are the ingredients!
- A water bath canner makes home canning simple, straightforward and safe.
- Canning jars with lids mean the cook in your life can get straight to work without hunting round for old less suitable jars to use.
- A canning rack ensures jars are never cracked during the hot water sterilizing process.
- A full instruction guide and Ball Home Canning Recipe book are also included so nothing else is needed to get home preserving straight away.
- A wide mouthed funnel makes filling jars simple.
- A canning jar lifter means you need not worry about burning fingers handling hot glass.
- A bubble freer and lid wand make every task simple and straightforward with the Ball Home Canning Starter Kit.
While cooks enjoy creating new recipes, home canning does have a few 'rules' to follow to ensure produce keeps well, in good condition for a long time to come. Starting out with the Ball Home Canning Starter Kit ensures all these basics can be followed easily. Critical in this, is the water bath canner, as the only way to ensure goods are suitably pasteurized, and jars scrupulously clean is to completely submerge them in boiling water or steam for the required length of time. Most of us simply do not have ordinary pans or kettles up to the job. Jars jostling can become damaged with tiny hairline fractures allowing air and bacteria in, so getting a rack that fits yourcanner and canning jars correctly is critical.