Dark circles can not only make you look tired but it can also leave you feeling unattractive. Luckily there are ways to help you reduce dark under eye circles. One of the best solutions is to use eye creams which contain special properties to revitalise and lighten the darkness underneath your eyes.
What Causes Dark Under Eye Circles?
It is a common belief that dark circles are caused by tiredness or lack of sleep, this is not true. In fact, dark under eye circles are caused by broken/dilated blood vessels or hereditary pigment, similar to what causes bruising.
Choosing the Best Eye Cream for Dark Circles
When trying to find the best eye cream for dark circles, you don’t need to spend a lot of money. There are many cheap and affordable eye creams that are a great alternative to the expensive brands. Just make sure to check the active ingredients. Look for eye creams that contain antioxidants and vitamins that help to shrink the blood vessels.
Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller
Garnier’s Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller is a simple and convenient way to help lighten dark under eye circles. You apply this using the roller tip directly underneath your eye, the rolling tip will help stimulate and circulate the blood flow. The formula also contains lemon essence which is a natural ingredient that brightens the skin. What is also great about this beauty product is that it contains a sheer tint which temporarily conceals your dark circles.
L'Oreal Collagen Filler Eye Illuminator Targeted Eye Treatment
This is a great all-in-one eye cream that not only does it reduce dark circles but also helps to eliminate puffiness and smooth out fine lines. It works by effectively brightening the eye area using light reflecting micro pearls. This is a great cheap and affordable alternative to high end eye creams.
Philosophy, Dark Shadows, Illuminating Eye and Upper Lip Cream
Philosophy’s Dark Shadows is a silicon based formula that instantly reduces the look of eye bags and puffiness with light-diffusing technology. It's a great, cheap eye cream that works best as a temporary solution when you want to quickly conceal your dark circles.
Natural Alternatives to Reduce Dark Circles
While there are affordable eye cream’s that can reduce dark circles, the cheapest option is to try some natural remedies.
- Use chilled slices of cucumber and place it on top of your eye area. Lie back and relax for 30 minutes to 1 hour. This will work as a cold compress and help shrink dilated blood vessels. This is also great for reducing puffiness.
- Vitamin is great for the skin and helps reduce dark under eye circles. Use a liquid filled vitamin E capsule and pierce it. Squeeze the liquid out and gently apply it in a patting motion underneath your eye area. This concentrative vitamin E treatment is also great for eye bags. Apply it once per week just before you go to bed.
More Tips for Reducing Dark Circles.
- If you wear a lot of dark eye make-up, make sure you wash it thoroughly every time you wash your face. The dark pigments can stain your eye area, especially if it is left on overnight.
- Drink plenty of water to cleanse your body of any impurities.
- Always wear sunscreen especially when wearing eyecream. Use a sunscreen formula that has an SPF of at least 30+.