Are you wondering what the Best Lavender Honey is? A great honey that is made from the all-natural, purple Lavender plant is very popular because of its authenticity, sweet taste and the many potential health benefits! The best one should be produced with all-natural honey and of course, extracted from the pure essential oil from the amazing Lavender flower "Lavendula." It goes great as a glaze on cupcakes, cheeses, cookies, ice creams, donuts, and other foods, and it's a healthy alternative to sugar. I've even heard of people putting it on chicken, steak or burgers. The possibilities are endless. What you get is a great, unique taste that you simply can’t find anywhere else.
Other Uses for This Honey?
Besides putting it on foods (or in your tea, it's terrific for that!), here are just a few other medicial uses:
- Home remedy for athlete's foot
- Athritis pain
- First aid for cuts
- Anti-inflammatory for infections.
- Help With Sleep/aromatherapy
So as you can see, it's not just about the great flavor as there are a number of potential benefits.
What to Buy?
Make sure you get a product that is all-natural, USDA certified organic, has no preservatives and all organic flavors for the best experience possible.
Amazon Price: $9.50 Buy Now
(price as of Oct 25, 2016)
Best Lavender Honey Cookies Recipe
Here is a terrific recipe to make very sweet and tasty cookies - at only 55 calories a piece!
Here is the recipe! (courtesy: MyFancyPantry.com)
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 heaping tbsp. honey
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 c.)- room temp. or slightly melted
- 1 1/2 tsp. lavender buds- roughly chopped. Don’t pulverize them completely.
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. plus 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt (I used fleur de sel)
- Combine the sugar, honey, and butter. Mix them together really well. Add the lavender, egg yolk and vanilla. Mix everything together again—making sure it’s all combined.
- Add the flour and the salt to the wet ingredients. Stir everything together until it’s all combined. You don’t want to over-stir though. The dough will be sticky and a little wet.
- Dump the dough onto a piece of parchment paper. Form the dough into a log about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Freeze for about a half hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove dough from the freezer, slice, and bake at 350 F for 7 to 8 minutes. You’ll know they’re done when the sides start turning a little brown.
Amazon Price: $24.95 $19.58 Buy Now
(price as of Oct 25, 2016)
What About Lavender Oil?
As I mentioned before, there are a number of potential benefits from digesting not just Lavender Honey but Lavender Oil as well. While you are most likely to use honey on your foods and desserts, the oil is better suited for medicinal purposes. It's used in cosmetics, candles, topical applications like acne cream, and much, much more!
Thank you for reading this article "The Best Lavender Honey - All Natural and Organic."