When shopping for a new masticating juicer, it is important to know what to look for. These are the top rated masticating juicers for sale this year. Most people buy a cheap centrifugal juicer when the first start juicing, but masticating juicers take things up a notch and then some.
Rather than the inefficient spinning blades of centrifugal juicers, there are masticating juicers that squeeze out the juice in a more natural way. Almost like chewing the food up. About the only advantage of conventional juicers is their affordability. They are cheaper than masticating juicers. But you lose out on at least two fronts:
(1) Masticating juicers squeeze as much as 20% more juice than conventional juicers, effectively saving you on the cost of fruits and veggies when juicing them for the whole family;
(2) Because masticating juicers slowly squeeze as they crush the fruit or vegetable, no heat is generated to oxidize the juice. This conserves the natural vitamins, antioxidants, enzymes and other nutrients that would otherwise be diminished in the heat generated by conventional centrifugal juicers as they spin and grind the juice out.
If you do a lot of juicing, masticating juicers provide the better choice. Here are some of the best masticating juicers on the market:
Kuvings NS-950 Silent Upright Masticating Juicer
It comes with a pulp ejection system that conveniently separates the juice from the pulp allowing you to juice continuously. It also has a silicone wiper the cleans the strainer and the bowl while juicing, enabling you to pour water between juicing different fruits without disassembly for extended juicing up to 30 minutes.
The juice cup and juicing bowl are crafted out of Eastman Tritan while the juicing screw and strainer are made with GR Ultem which is 8 times sturdier than ordinary plastics for heavy-duty juicing. Lastly, it comes with a 10-year warranty.
Omega J8004 Nutrition Center Commercial Masticating Juicer
Its juicing screw and strainer are also made with the GE Ultem. It can pulverize whole nuts into nut butters so you can make all-natural peanut butter or soy milk. It can also grind coffee beans and mince garlic and herbs.
Champion Juicer G5-PG710 - BLACK Commercial Heavy Duty Juicer
Slightly more expensive than the Champion Juicer but still cheaper than the Kuvings, the G5-PG710 is a commercial-grade masticating juicer with heavy-duty ball bearing installation for maximized torque and smoother running that allow the motor to run cooler with greater durability and performance under heavy juicing requirements.
This is an excellent masticating juicer for small gourmet restaurants and snack joints. Its variable voltage feeds make it ideal for both domestic and overseas use.
How to Take Care of Your Juicer
Regardless of which masticating juicer you choose, here are some tips that can maximize the lifespan of your juicer, whether for home or commercial use.
(1) Always cut up the fruits and veggies into chunks to make them easier and faster to juice.
(2) Pit all your peaches, avocados and mangos before you put them in the juicer.
(3) Make sure to peel fruits with hard skins like pineapples before juicing.
Like any kitchen appliance, you need to clean the parts that squeeze out and hold the juice. The nice thing about masticating juicers is that they are relatively easier to clean as these parts are more accessible.
Always use warm soapy water and a small brush to clean the meshed holes in the strainer; then rinse with water thoroughly. Take good care of your masticating juicer and it will certainly give you years of worry free service. You probably won't even need those warranties.