The great thing about this party punch recipe is that it allows for early preparation. Since you keep it in the freezer until it is ready to serve, you could prepare it long before the party, giving you less things to worry about as the event approaches.
In order to get started making this king of all party punch recipes, you'll need to make sure you have the following:
- Time. Although preparing this punch is by no means gourmet cooking, it is not something you can whip up in 5 minutes. This is a frozen punch recipe that will need time to completely turn to ice before it can be served.
- A punch bowl. Veterans at entertainment have likely used and abused their punch bowls, but if you're throwing your first party, you'll need to make sure you have one before serving this punch.
If you are all ready to go, let's get started. The ingredients for this punch are...
- 11 cups water (split into 4 cups and 7 cups)
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 -- 3 oz. pkg. of lemon Jell-O
- 1 -- 46 oz. can of pineapple juice
- 2 or 3 -- 2 liter bottles of lemon-lime soda or ginger ale
- (optional) A few slices of lemon
Once you've obtained all the necessary ingredients, you can begin making the slush.
- Mix 4 cups water and 4 cups sugar in a large pot (8-12 quarts). Cook, stirring often, until sugar is dissolved.
- Add Jell-O mix and pineapple juice when the water is clear.
- Add 7 more cups water.
- Pour the lemon-pineapple punch mixture into a container of some sort. We just use whatever plastic containers or ice cream buckets we have laying around the house.
- Place the mixture into a freezer and let it completely freeze.
Once the slush portion of this punch recipe is completely frozen, you can serve the punch whenever you are ready.
- Chop up frozen slush into pieces and put into a punch bowl.
- Pour lemon-lime soda or ginger ale on top of the frozen pieces.
- Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.