Let there be ICE!
I’ve lived in Central America, and the bananas there make the best daiquiris in the world. Central American bananas are readily at hand; ice-crushing blenders there are often difficult to find. Luckily, you won’t have that problem this year; the best rated blenders for crushing ice 2013 are easily available at a nearby store or online for home delivery.
New for 2013 is the Waring Pro Professional Food and Drink Blender model PBB225. It’s my pick, price- and performance-wise.
- Metallic Red heavy-duty base
- 5-year limited motor warranty, 1-year limited appliance warranty
- Crushes ice on high or low
- 550 peak watts
- Large 40-oz cloverleaf glass carafe
- Beautiful waterfall base
- Made in the U.S.A.
Amazon Price: $74.98 Too low to display Buy Now
(price as of Dec 14, 2016)
BlendTec® blenders are high-end blenders offering commercial quality for home use. Prices range from $390.00-$1,035.00 and are among the best rated blenders for crushing ice 2013 -- most models have an ice-crushing guarantee! Arguably, its best blender is the
Tom Dickson Extreme Blender. Blendtec founder Tom Dickson sticks crazy stuff into this monster-machine, even rake handles, but always reminds you “not to try this at home.”
- 10-year warranty for home use only
- Can be built into your countertop yet still be moved
- 2-qt. FourSide™ carafe or 3-qt. WildSide™ jar holds 3 quarts
- 25 pre-programmed cycles with ability to store your 4 most used cycles
- 2,400-watt motor
- Recipe book, DVD and autographed photo of Tom Dickson
With a little less star quality than BlendTec but offering consistent quality, Vita-Mix is a family-owned international company founded in the U.S.A. circa 1937 specializing in blenders. Its large capacity model 5200 boasts capability of 10 kitchen appliances without any attachments and has a 7-year warranty. Several 5200 model packages are offered, starting at $448.00.
Another one of the best rated blenders for crushing ice 2013 is Oster’s Versa model BLSTVB.
- 1,400-watt motor
- 6-point blade spins at 250mph
- 7-year warranty
Oster also offers a 14-speed Model 6854 featuring the “Ice Crusher” blade.
- 450-watt motor
- 5-cup glass carafe
- Convenient cord-storage body
Hamilton Beach® has over 30 blenders, ranging in price from $20.00-$900.00, but its stand-out is its Dual-Wave™ Blenders. You should definitely investigate this one-of-a-kind blender as a high-end appliance for your kitchen. I like it for parties; you can mix a frozen margarita in one container while blending a pina colada in the other.
- Blends in one 80-oz. pitcher or one/two 16-oz. cups
- No ice chunks!
- 1000 watts peak power
- The Dual Wave~Action® system
- in the 80-oz carafe is unsurpassed for versatility and utility
- Unique dispensing spout
These best rated blenders for crushing ice 2013 can deliver as much or as little as you want with ease of use. You can select any performance option at any price range, knowing you’ve chosen a good ice-crushing machine.