There is nothing in the world better than a great meal. In most large cities the choices are vast in the types of foods that you can enjoy. Whether they are small cafes or large elegant restaurants the choices are endless. How do you pick which restaurants get the money allotted in your budget for eating out? Well it mostly depends on what you like and a good referral from a friend. Having said that if you are from Atlanta and the outlying suburbs; consider me that friend. Let me tell you about some great restaurants. Try them out and you can decide for yourself. I promise you will not be disappointed.
1. Cheesecake Factory-Ashford Dunwoody-This amazing restaurant offers over 200 items on their menu daily; made from scratch. They offer something for everyone from Old Fashioned Hamburgers to Herb crusted salmon and shrimp scampi. This place is a favorite amongst young professionals in the Atlanta and surrounding areas. Don’t forget to taste their amazing cheesecakes that come in numerous delicious flavors like Caramel Pecan Turtle, Brownie Sundae, Fresh Strawberry and Pineapple Upside Down. If you are looking for something amazing to start your weekend and a great dessert to top it off, this is the place to be.
2. The Strip-Atlantic Station-This multi-level steak house is just what the doctor ordered after a long day of work. Understated elegance is what awaits you as you go through the doors of this modern restaurant. The wait staff is there to provide you with unforgettable service as you people watch through the giant glass windows, or sit out on their lovely terrace. My menu favorite is the Fried Twin Lobster Tails with the loaded baked potato and sautéed broccoli. The entire meal melts in your mouth and leaves you wanting more. If you like good music, a fun environment and great food head on over to the strip and wind down.
3. The Vortex-Little Five Points-Ready for something a little different? The Vortex is the place to be for a minor free environment (18 and older). This restaurant is known for having the “BEST BURGER” in Atlanta. They have also been featured on the Travel Channel. This little place really lives up to the hype. It gathers an eclectic group of people together that really enjoy a good meal. From their famous burgers which include such greats as The Carnivorgasm, The Coronary Bypass, and The Blue Shroom Buger to the sweet potato fries, you are sure to leave full and satisfied. If you want to eat, drink and be merry, The Vortex is your ticket to fulfillment.
4. City Café and Bakery-Fayetteville-Looking for German cuisine coupled with an intimate setting then this is the place for you. Featuring some of the best homemade desserts in Atlanta from Peach Bread Pudding to German Chocolate Squares. This charming place will draw you in with its old world décor. Some of their best dishes include Jaeger Schnitzel, Filet Oscar and Sesame Crusted Yellowfin Ahi. These meals are sure to delight even the most finicky eaters.
5. MiMi’s Café-Ashford Dunwoody-This last restaurant is for the person that enjoys a great breakfast. Mimi’s French cuisine will pull you in for a breakfast you won’t soon forget. The French toast breakfast is my favorite; the toast looks like cinnamon rolls and taste like heaven. The meal is completed with your choice of meat, eggs and juice or coffee. When you go in, ask for Lucy, her smile and courteous service makes the experience all the more extraordinary. If breakfast time is your favorite time then you owe it to yourself to try out this unique café.
Well, there you have it. These restaurants will make your meal time experience one to remember. After your first visit you will find it difficult not to revisit them over and over again. For all those that enjoy a good meal as much as I do; make it an adventure by trying something new. Eat Well and Enjoy!