More than just Toaster Oven Reviews
The modern countertop convection oven has certainly come a long, long way from the simple toaster ovens, and sandwich toasters. The modern appliance is really a leap forward as they combine the abilities of:
Today I thought I would highlight two top selling models.
The first is the Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven 1800-Watt Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ. Wow that's quite a mouthful of a name isn't it? But the payoff is in its sleek, feature packed chassis. Some of the highlights:
- 1800-watt convection toaster oven with 0.8-cubic-foot nonstick interior
- Element IQ technology for smarter control over the heat; 9 pre-set functions. Blue back-lit LCD screen turns orange during pre-heating.
- 5 quartz heating elements; user-friendly control panel; LCD screen; 3 rack positions
- Auto-eject wire rack; removable crumb tray; pizza pan, baking pan, and broil rack included
- Measures 18-1/2 by 16-1/4 by 11-1/4 inches; 1-year limited warrantyCredit: amazon
Quite frankly there is very little this Breville Smart Oven cannot do! It can bake, broil, boil, toast, roast and heat. The LCD screen is pure silk and keeps you the cook, completely on top of whatever cooking task you have set it. Although it has a rec retail of around $300, you can get one for under $230.
Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven 1800-WattConvection Toaster Oven with Element IQ
This product has been a huge seller in it's class, and customer praise is easy to find. Here are just a couple:
"The Breville Smart Oven is a must-have kitchen appliance. In many/most cases it can serve as a replacement for it larger cousin the conventional oven/range. However, the Smart Oven is much more energy efficient (using roughly 50% less electricity) and can fit into the smallest of kitchens"
"I am totally in love with this toaster oven! It is a heavy, quality appliance, with numerous handy, smart features"
Well that particular Breville Convection oven would certainly make a very handy addition to your kitchen bench!
Coming in at number two is the Cuisinart Stainless Steel TOB-195 Exact Heat Toaster Oven Broiler. Just like the Breville above this Cuisinart model is a great example of smart thinking coming together to make a very good countertop convection oven. It has a rec retail of $325, but I found them available at a huge discount. Yours for under $180!
The features of this model are impressive:
- 6-slice convection toaster oven broiler with 0.6-cubic-foot capacity
- Pizza/bake, broil, toast, and convection; bagel, reheat, and defrost buttons
- Shade control with heat sensor maintains precise oven temperature
- Electronic touchpad controls; clock and oven timers; easy-to-clean interior
- 3-year limited warranty
Cuisinart Stainless Steel TOB-195 Exact Heat Toaster Oven Broiler
And just like its Breville cousin it can handle just about anything you throw at, (or in), it.
Again, the Cuisinart has ben a top seller, with plenty of satisfied customers:
"Great investment. The Cuisinart TOB-195 costs a little more than most toaster ovens but it is such a joy to use"
"Simply the best looking and working toaster oven we've have ever used ... It looks good, makes perfect toast and everything else. Because of it's large interior and a fan to circulate the heat inside the oven, it heats much faster than our old unit"
So, another quality appliance with plenty of consumer support.
Whether you fancy, a pizza, a casserole, a roast or grilled cutlets, get yourself one of these quality countertop convection ovens,and away you go! A wonderful purchase for yourself or for the cook that resides in a good friend.
Amazon Price: $299.99 $222.10 Buy Now
(price as of Aug 28, 2013)