Sunpentown Stainless Steel Rice Cooker
It is hard to identify the best stainless steel rice cooker, living in a world of plenty as we do today. There are many excellent products available on the market today, but if we go by customer reviews the best rice cooker with a stainless steel interior has to be the Sunpentown SC-886.
One of the best stainless steel rice cooker options available on the market is the Sunpentown SPT 3 Cups SC-886 Stainless Steel Rice Cooker and Steamer. It's not a fuzzy logic rice cooker but it's economically priced at under a hundred dollars, the operation is simple and it will serve most of your rice cooking needs very well. The rice cooker has a fully stainless steel interior and exterior so maintaining the cooker is easy as well. You'll get years of use out of a Sunpentown rice cooker while cooking great rice cooker recipes.
Here’s what you get when you buy the Sunpentown SC-886 stainless steel rice cooker.
- The rice cooker offers multi dimensional cooking options – you can cook different types of rice, stews, soups and porridge
- The steamer allows you to steam vegetables, poultry, fish and other foods quite easily
- The cooker uses the steam generated from the cooking process to cook the food, maintaining the nutrients in the food
- You can cook more than simply rice in most rice cookers and the Suppentown is no exception. There are many unique ways to use a rice cooker.
- The rice cooker is made up of 100 percent stainless steel for the exterior body, the cover and the inner pot
- Other features include automatic turn-off once the cooking cycle is completed; independent keep warm switch; cooker has a 3 cup capacity; stay cool handles so you don’t end up burning yourself; good sized knob to grasp when taking off the lid
With the best stainless steel rice cooker in your kitchen, you can be assured of restaurant quality rice with very little effort. The rice cooking process is very simple, add dry rice to the Sunpentown stainless steel cooking pot, measure in the required quantity of water, turn the unit on and wait for the appliance to turn itself off when the cooking is done. You can turn on the keep warm switch if you need to keep the food warm at the ideal serving temperature till its time to eat.
The Sunpentown SPT 3 Cup SC-886 rice cooker is a sleek looking appliance that will fit beautifully into your kitchen. The model is ETL approved and comes with a one year warranty. You can save up to 18 percent on energy costs with this model. The Sunpentown brand also offers 100 percent stainless steel rice cookers with six and ten cup capacities for larger families or if you need to cook for larger groups.
When buying any kitchen appliance it's important to take your expected needs and use patterns into account. This is no less true when buying a rice cooker. There are guides available that provide tips on buying a new rice cooker.
Why is it considered more beneficial to cook in stainless steel when the newest cookware is all non-stick? The simple answer is that the non-stick coatings like Teflon, when heated to very high temperatures release toxic chemicals that are bad for us. There are also health concerns about the use of aluminum cookware in cooking and appliances. Rice cookers like the Suppentown or an Oyama stainless steel rice cooker prevent health concerns like these when cooking with a rice cooker by eliminating the harmful materials. The Oyama CFS-B12U is also a stainless steel interior rice cooker. The Miracle Exclusives teflon free cooker, pictured below, is another option to consider.
Besides eliminating the danger of teflon cookware, stainless steel is highly durable and has a life expectancy of over 100 years. Knowing that your Sunpentown stainless steel cooker with the proper care will outlive you, is reason enough to invest in the best stainless steel rice cooker for your kitchen that you can find. It's also completely recyclable, so you get to do your bit for the environment as well.
Amazon Price: $74.75 Buy Now
(price as of Sep 30, 2013)