Iced or Frozen Cappuccinos
Coffee treats with delicious fl
* 1/4 Cup of instant coffee. Any brand or strength of coffee will do; however, I prefer a stronger blend. Typically, you'll want to use whichever coffee you would normally prefer.
* 2 3/4 Cups of water that's been divided.
* (1) 14 ounce can of condensed and sweetened milk. Make sure that your can of milk says "condensed and sweetened" and that you aren't using evaporated milk!
* Frozen whipped cream that has been thawed. This ingredient is completely optional. For those dieting, choose a low-fat or reduced fat whipped cream for your cappuccino topping.
* Semi-sweet chocolate morsels that have been grated. This ingredient is also optional, but a delicious addition!
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the instant coffee granules into 1/2 a cup of boiling water.
Using your whisk, whisk in the remaining 2 1/4 of water along with the sweetened condensed milk. Continue to whisk the mixture until it is blended very well.
Pour the mixture into an ice tray evenly.
Freeze the concoction until it becomes firm.
Remove the frozen coffee mixture from the ice tray and shave. Ideally, you would use an ice shaver; however, if you do not have an ice shaver a blender will work just fine. If you don't have a blender you can place still create a similar consistency with a meat tenderizer and a ziplock sandwich bag. Simply place the coffee ice cubes into the bag, remove as much of the air from inside the bag as possible and zip it closed. Using your meat tenderizer, smack the cubes gently until the ice has turned to a powder-like consistency. Be careful to not bang too harshly as the sandwich bag is likely to rip causing you to lose some of your frozen coffee.
Pop your shaved ice into a coffee cup and garnish as you wish!
This iced cappuccino recipe will make 8 cups. If you aren't planning to use the entire mixture at once, try using a bowl with an airtight lid; such as a Tupperware container. This will keep your yummy coffee mixture nice and frosty so you can have a perfect cup of frozen cappuccino later on.