This article will hopefully serve you well by providing you with a few more ideas on what you can do for birthday entertainment for a kids party.
Children Birthday Entertainment: Kids Birthday Party Games
You can offer birthday entertainment from the off by providing the kids party with a few party games:
- 'Pass the Parcel' - you pass a gift around a circle of people, that has several layers of wrapping, and when the music stops this is the time that the person who has hold of the gift tries to unwrap it as fast as they can. Who ever ends up unwrapping it all, wins the prize at the end.
- 'The Sack Race' - everyone is given a sack and then everyone gets in to their own individual sack, you then everyone has a race to see who can get over the finish line the fastest. Be sure everyone wins at least sort of prize at the end.
- 'The Simon Says Game' - this is a essentially a game of elimination, the designated person will shout out instructions, but people should only follow the instructions if the person states 'Simon says' first, if someone carries out the instruction and the designated person hasn't stated 'Simon says' first, then they are out. Again try to make sure no one feels left out.
For more kids party games check out books such as the 'Kid Party Handbook: Create an Unforgettable Kid Party that your kids will love with these exciting kid party games'.
Children Birthday Entertainment: Birthday Themes
You could introduce a certain theme into the birthday party.
For example Boys could have a special Spiderman Birthday Party, where you will them get all the napkins and paper plates all featuring Spiderman on, and encourage guests to come dressed as a character from the series of Spiderman.
Here are few other boy party theme ideas: Pirates, Star Wars, Superheroes etc. You can generally tell what your boy is into however, what is their favourite tv show and so on.
Then for girls you could have the same thing but have it as a princess party, again making all the tableware princess like and the party is in some sort of fairy tale. You could even make the food themed as well, have pretty pink cupcakes to match the theme.
Few other girl party theme ideas: Elmo Birthday Party, Beauty, Animals etc.
Children Birthday Entertainment: Birthday Trip
You could take the children out on a trip (depending on their ages as to what type of trip). There are literally endless possibilities for this, here are just a few ideas:
- You could take to them to the cinema to watch a comedy or action movie (cheek the age rating, and it is probably best to book the tickets in advance).
- You could go and take them to an amusement fair
- You could take them to an outside adventure playground.
Children Birthday Entertainment: Live Party Entertainers for Kids
You could perhaps host a party in a hall and hire some real life entertainers such as a clown or magicians etc. to provide the entertainment to the kids for you, whilst you sit back and let them do all the work. But remember the kids attention span isn't that great, so don't hire them for too long (unless they plan to mix it up their act). So be sure to have other activities planned as well.
Remember to ask your child for some ideas for additional input as well, besides at the end of the day it is their party, and it will also be good for your child to get involved into help organising an event. Also bear in mind you don't have to be the best, most innovative kid birthday planner ever, just make sure the kids are happily entertained. I am sure you will do a wonderful job and good luck.
Be sure to check out other online articles for more ideas on how to generate birthday entertainment for kids parties as well.