I don't know about you, but I dread mopping floors when I have to use
the old rag mop, or the grungy sponge mop. I have this thing about
sponges and the invisible bacteria that I know is growing on them.
This is why I decided to try the Bissell Floor Steamer and been very
The Bissell Floor Steamer is perfect for cleaning hard-surfaced floors without any chemicals or detergents, just by water alone. So, if you have little children, or pets, that can be affected by strong detergents, you will love with the water alone, feature.
No more mop buckets, mo more wringing out the mops, the water in the Bissell steamer is ready to use in just 30 seconds, and then your floor in dry again in a matter of seconds.
The steam is released on demand, kind of like your steam iron, it is not coming out on a continuous basis, all you do is press the trigger, and instant steam. If you come across are really sticky spot, or where the gunk on the floor is hardened, let the mop sit over that spot for a few seconds, 15 seconds will sanitize it. You will get about 15 minutes of steam cleaning before you have to refill the tank again, once refilled, it is ready to go again.
I have found this floor cleaner to be the simplest and easiest way to keep my home clean. I have some pros and cons and they are:
- No chemicals, or other
expensive solutions, only simple, clean, water, out of your tap. (If
you have really hard water, I would recommend getting distilled water,
and it will be much easier on your steamer)
- Cleans most hard surfaces such as ceramic tile, sealed hard woods, marble, etc...quickly, and the floors dry quickly, leaving no streaks
- Once you are done, just toss the mop head in the wash then you are done
- Compact and easy to store
- Extremely quiet
- Cleans the hard, sticky grime great!
- Cord is too short
- Handle is a bit short for my tall husband
- Not real great on cleaning grout
- Takes a bit of effort to push across the floor
- Does not clean really well underneath the cabinets, along the crack.
The Bissell Floor Steamer has been a great floor cleaner for me and I would recommend it to any of my friends.