The creativity of a watchmaker exhibits in the beauty and accuracy of watches he designs, each timepiece is unique in itself. Getting some knowledge on the basics before investing on a watch will help you during the buying phase. Finding the best bargain on a quality watch can be quite tough.
This article will educate you on everything about watches, and will help you to be an informed watch buyer during the upcoming Black Friday Deals.
Some main aspects to keep in mind:
- Case Material: While shopping watches from Black Friday Deals, the first thing that one should keep in mind is the design and the durability of the case material. Cases are mostly made of metals as it safeguards the dial and the movement. One of the most popular metals used in branded watches is stainless steel: it possesses an eye-grabbing appeal. Moreover, it will not discolor, tarnish or corrode easily. Nowadays, Titanium is also getting popular due its durability and lightweight. Gold watches are also in demand these days; they are very luxurious and makes you stand apart from others.
- Band Material: Bands are mainly available in two styles: the bracelet and the strap. Bracelet watches falls in the category of jewelry, it is made of metal links. While, a strap watch is mainly made of leather, rubber, synthetic etc. and they are mainly worn as dress watch or for daily wear. During Black Friday Deals, you can also shop few very beautiful faux leather or fabric watches.
- Working of a Watch: The most important feature of a watch is the movement, it drives the timekeeping functions; there are mainly three movements. Being acquainted with the movements and its working will help you to choose easily which movement you will go for during the Black Friday Deals 2011 shopping.
- Mechanical Movement: One of the most important features of a mechanical movement is the spring, which has to be wound by hand with the help of a crown to restore the potential energy. The spring unwinds gradually, which result in releasing energy that controls the timekeeping functions of the watch. Mechanical watch reflects the talent of gifted watchmakers, these watches have an intricate work of gears and springs. A good mechanical watch can endure for generations.
- Automatic Movement: An automatic movement has a mechanical movement with self-winding technology; it harness the energy formed by the motion to twist the spring. The user do not have to hand wind the timepiece every time, it has an inbuilt rotor that spins when the timepiece is in motion. It may need to be adjusted once in a month as the movements may increase or decrease few minutes in a month.
- Quartz Movement: A battery powers this type of movement; it works along with a vibrating quartz crystal. The battery passes an electric current through the crystal to support the oscillation at 32,000 vibrations per sec. This vibrating crystal runs a motor that ticks the watch hands at a continuous rate.
- Case Sizing: The size of the case is an important feature in a watch style. The men’s watch generally have a case width of 35 mm. While, a women’s watch have a case width of 34 mm or smaller.
- Band Length: The band of a timepiece is from the buckle to the end hole of a strap or clasp. The length of the band will approximately be 7.5 to 8.5 inches for men’s watch and 6.5 to 7.5 inches for women’s watch.
Make sure you check the sizing given in the product manual for listing of band length. Before shopping for watches from Black Friday Deals 2011, make sure that you know everything what you need.