It could be a serious problem, or a simple maintenance issue that you can take care of yourself.
Determining the source of the problem requires a special diagnostic tool, and taking a vehicle to a mechanic shop every time the Check Engine light comes on can be costly and unnecessary.
With Black & Decker's AD925 Smart Scan tool, you can perform the scan yourself to find the source of the problem and determine whether it requires a visit to a mechanic shop.
The Smart Scan diagnostic tool has an easy to read LED screen to display the fault codes reported by the car's computer. It then determines the urgency of the problem so you will immediately know whether or not it is safe to continue driving the vehicle.
You can register online to find the codes for your vehicle; 20 code lookups per month are permitted. A summary of each lookup session is sent to your e-mail address.
Features of the Black & Decker Smart Scan Automotive Code Reader:
- Displays codes on an easy to read LED screen
- Allows you to instantly see what is causing the Check Engine light to come on
- Urgency indicators indicate seriousness of the problem
- Online code lookup and online support
- Works for all vehicles with OBDII port (1995 and newer)
- Turn check engine light off without having to visit a mechanic
- Amazon Price: $79.99
- Warranty: 2 years
The Smart Scan Diagnostic Tool is made by Black and Decker, a trusted name in power tools. It is a must-have for any home workshop, and an invaluable tool for on-the-spot diagnosis of automotive problems.
See user reviews on Amazon by clicking here.