Black and Decker Brew And Go Review
Looking for the cheapest single serve coffee maker? Look no further as the Black and Decker personal coffee brewer fits the bill. Currently going for less than $20, this machine can brew single cups of coffee to the satisfaction of coffee aficionados who’d rather brew their own coffee than buy it already made.
The Black and Decker coffee maker comes in two variants; one variant brews into a thermal mug while the other brews straight into a travel mug. If you’re travelling and can’t compromise on your coffee quality and freshness, the latter would be ideal for you.
Designed for commuters, office professionals and one-cup coffee lovers, this coffee machine eliminates the need for disposable paper filters. It has a permanent filter and automatically goes off after brewing. Aside brewing coffee, the Black and Decker Brew ‘n’ Go can be used to heat water for hot chocolate, tea and instant foods like oatmeal and soup. The mug and other components of the coffee maker are dishwasher-safe. It carries a one-year warranty against defects.
Amazon Price: $19.99 $16.99 Buy Now
(price as of Aug 18, 2016)
Extremely convenient to use, this personal coffee machine has benefits and downsides. I discuss some of them below:
Benefits of the Black and Decker Single Cup Coffee Maker
- It is fast to brew. Under 2-5minutes, you can have hot and fresh coffee, ready to drink.
- Extremely cheap to buy and brew with. Definitely cheaper than buying coffee at the coffee shop.
- Leaves no room for mess or trash as it boasts of an integrated "permanent" filter. This is a huge benefit as you don’t have to run around looking for paper filters. This saves you money and keeps your environment clean.
- Extremely easy to use, this coffee machine brews the coffee right into the travel mug so you can move around with it.
- It’s easy to clean as the mug and the other components of the coffee maker are dishwasher-friendly.
- Inexpensive to operate as it uses any ground coffee. As a matter of fact, you can select your own beans (no capsules or pods)
- It’s extremely durable and reliable (users talk about having it for five years) and includes a stainless steel travel mug.
- It’s a huge space saver whether you’re using it at home, the office, a camp site or on the road.
- Compact in design, the black and decker single cup brewer can be carried around.
- It saves casual coffee drinkers money as they don’t have to invest in a 12-cup coffee maker just to have a coffee drink.
Downsides of the Black and Decker Brew ‘N’ Go
- Unlike the more expensive single cup machines, it has no programmable features.
- Coffee grounds can run over the filter and create a mess to clean up.
- It doesn’t have the small-batch setting, neither does it have the brew-strength control.
- It’s ideal for a cup of coffee or two a day, but for more than that, the Brew ‘N Go isn't a good choice. This is because it has a small tank (which will need constant refilling if used often) and uses loose coffee grounds. It’s really burdensome to brew many cups with it.
- If you use fine ground coffee, it tends not to drain properly. Sometimes, you only get a partial cup of coffee but using the regular ground will fix this problem.
- There’s no warming element. Suffice to say, the ‘thermal’ mug doesn’t keep the coffee warm at all. You can search for single cup coffee machines that keep the coffee warm.
- It can sometimes be hard to find replacement mugs and or the permanent filter.
- Coffee is hard to pour from the ‘thermal’ jug into a regular cup.
Amazon Price: $16.43 Buy Now
(price as of Aug 18, 2016)
Summary and Action TakeAway
Now that you know the pros and cons of the Black and Decker Brew ‘n’ Go, I want to quickly say it’s proof that you don’t have to shell out a huge sum on a coffee maker to enjoy good coffee. As inexpensive as it is, the Black and Decker single personal brewer produces tasty, fresh and delicious coffee. You can search amazon for more single cup coffee brewers and read my article on the best single serve coffee makers as well as the best grind and brew coffee makers under $200.
Watch How to Brew a Cup of Morning Coffee with Black and Decker Brew 'N' Go