If you’re looking for a simple and delicious meal, there is no better way to quest your hunger than these boneless chicken breast recipes for crock pot.
Cooking any meal in a crock pot is not only delicious, trouble-free but an excellent nutritious way to cook a homemade meal. A crock pot or slow cooker as most cooking enthusiast will already know is essentially a pot that is covered in steel, that slowly cooks the food inside it’s porcelain or ceramic container.
It’s fairly easy to cook any main meals in a crock pot as the cooking device maintains a low simmering temperature compared to say baking, frying or boiling, allowing you to leave it unattended for hours on end.
All you need are the ingredients and you can happily cook so many delicious meals for yourself, family and friends. Most meats and vegetables can be cooked in a crock pot and there are literally thousands of recipes available online and in books.
Here are some quick and simple tips for boneless chicken breast recipes for crock pot:
Items you’ll need:
- Crock pot
- 4 small chicken breasts or 3 large breasts
- 2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp salt (or as needed)
- ½ Yellow onion
- 1 tbsp parsley or oregano
- ½ light butter
- 1 packet of cream cheese
- Prepare your Crock pot by cleaning it and making sure that the porcelain or ceramic container is dry of any water
- Clean your chicken breasts by cutting off any excess fat and skin, butter flying the breasts for easier cooking and cutting the chicken breasts into half sized portions. Clean your chicken breasts thoroughly with water and pat them dry with a paper towel and add them to your crock pot.
- Cut your cream cheese into slices and add them to your pot on top of the chicken breasts.
- Peel, clean and cut your yellow onions into small diced sized portions and add these to the pot as well.
- Add the rest of your ingredients, ground pepper, salt, parsley or oregano and butter, and add a cup and half of water, put the lid on the pot, and let it cook under a low setting for 8 hours. If you want a shorter time to cook it, turn it to high and let it cook for 4 hours.
If you would like a milder flavor, you could use feta cheese instead of the stronger goat cheese and if you prefer a stronger flavor, use blue or sharp cheddar cheese instead.
Enjoy your meal, and remember that the sky is the limit, try different combinations of meat and vegetables for some great homemade meal.