Why Make Home-Made Pizza and Pizza Dough?
- Save money as the pizza dough ingredients, water, flour, yeast and olive oil are so economical.
- If you grow and dry your own herbs or garlic they are delicious in the crust, and free!
- Save leftovers, ground beef, veggies & mushrooms, about to expire, chopped ready in the freezer to top your pizzas
Fast & Easy
- Make large batches of bread machine pizza dough and freeze them
- Tasty leftover pizza is great for lunches, a real treat
- You can make up and freeze whole pizzas ahead of time for a fast and mouth-watering meal
- Make your own unique pizza sauces with fresh organic tomatoes from your vegetable garden
- By making your own delicious and economical crusts you can splash out on fancy cheeses, blue, Asiago, cheddar, real parmesan or romano
- Herbed home-made crust tastes so much better than bland commercial pre-cooked crusts
For some family fun, have the kids put their favourite toppings on personal sized pizzas.
Why use a bread maker for Pizza Dough?
Making pizza dough as easy as possible!
Bread machines take the work out of making tasty pizza dough
On starting the basic recipe in the breadmaker, you can save time by adding herbs, garlic and cheese to the pizza dough while it mixes.
Bread machines won't get tired if you make a few batches of custom pizza dough to freeze for later.
Basic Pizza Dough Recipe
From the excellent book "Easy Bread Machine Recipes: For 1, 1/2 & 2 Lb. Machines
This is the large dough that can be made in a 1, 1.5 or 2 lb bread machine on the dough cycle and yields a 15" pizza crust,
- 1 1/8 cups water
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yeast
- Load the above ingredients in your bread machine in the order suggested in your manual (usually liquids first)
- Set the bread maker for the dough cycle
- When the beeper sounds, remove the dough and let it rest for a few minutes then proceed
- If you are not ready to use the pizza dough right away, place it in a lightly oiled bowl, cover and refrigerate
- Divide the dough ball into 1, 2 , or 3 balls depending on the size of your pizza pans
- Roll each ball into a flat circle, flattening and stretching it from the center out until it is large enough to fill the pizza pan. Let it rest.
- Spread olive oil (plain or your flavoured oil) on the pizza pans or sprinkle each with a tablespoon of cornmeal
- Place the pizza dough on the pan, and stretch it til it fits
- Prick the surface all over with a fork.
- Spread pizza sauce, mozzarella, cheese, oregano and toppings on it.
- Bake in 450 Fahrenheit (or 232 degree Celcius) over for 15 minutes or until done
Delicious Variations for Bread Machine Pizza Dough
Add any or all of these to the basic bread maker pizza dough
- 1-3 cloves of crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1-3 teaspoons dried hot pepper flakes
- 1-3 teaspoons of parmesan cheese
Irresistable Finishing Touches for your Cooked Bread Maker Pizza Crust
After baking your fresh tasty pizza, the following simple finishing touch makes the crust irresistible. On removing the hot pizza from the oven, brush an olive oil blend on the pizza crust.
Make olive oil blends from 4 tablespoons of olive oil with the one, or more of the following optional treats
- One clove of garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp dried hot pepper flakes
Try a Delicious Homemade Bread Maker Pizza Tonight!
This should give you some great ideas so you can customize the
You'll find homemade pizzas quickly become a family favourite and a highlight of the week, while giving an economical meal complete with leftovers for lunches.
Bread machines are an affordable, useful tool in the kitchen and are easily found for sale on Amazon.