Top 10 Budget Hotels in Rome
accommodations in Rome is not as easy as some other cities as the tourist trade there is quite competitive. A list of the top cheap hotels in Rome would include the following, many of which offer internet deals, vouchers, or other discounts that travelers should look online to secure:
1. Hotel Rubino is a warm and inviting place to stay while being mindful of one’s budget. It is located in the historical center of Rome and is close to Termini railway station. Hotel Rubino has 2 floors with an elevator. A delicious continental breakfast is included in the rooms' rates and even small pets are welcome. This is one of the friendliest of the budget hotels in Rome.
2. Hotel Planet is an ideal base for visitors as any tourist attraction can be reached within a few minutes either by foot or by using public transit. The rooms are located on the 5th floor of a building served by an elevator. The staff speaks English which can be a nice touch for travelers who do not speak Italian. Small pets are welcome and rooms are clean and well-equipped for a budget price.
3. The hotel Soggiorno Blu is set in the center of the city very close to the Termini Station and near many of the famous sights of Rome. The hotel is housed on the first floor of a building and has been recently renovated. Rates include a continental breakfast and small pets are welcome.
4. Hotel Regina Margherita is close to the University of Rome, in a more quiet area, with great access to public transportation. A hearty breakfast is served in the hotel’s beautiful breakfast room and is included in room rates. This four story budget hotel does have an elevator. It is one of the best of the budget hotels in Rome.
5. The Grand Hotel Fleming is set in the city center. It offers clean and modern rooms at very affordable prices. The friendly staff offers great hospitality to all guests. All the rooms have air conditioning, mini bar, pay per view television, direct telephone, safe, and a private bathroom with hairdryer. Travelers should check online for discounts, specials and vouchers for this and all other hotel accommodations in order to perhaps save some more money when booking lodging for holiday.
6. The Hotel Artis is an elegant and brand-new hotel. The hotel offers facilities for disabled guests, air conditioning and has elevators. The staff is available 24/7 to assist with all the needs of their guests. The hotel offers Wi-Fi and dsl internet connections. Rooms are smoking or non-smoking, all have private in-room bathroom with shower, air conditioning, internet connections, an LCD TV, in room safe and one can arrange for a free baby cot. This is one of the newest and most modern of the budget hotels in Rome.
7. Hotel Arcadia is located about 20 minutes far from Rome’s historical center and is near the Roman ruins on Via Appia Antica. The Hotel is a good choice for people who arrive from the airport of Ciampino as it is easy to get to and is near public transit. This hotel has a lovely terrace, a gym, a solarium and has an elevator servicing all 4 floors. A filling and delicious continental breakfast buffet is included in the cost of a room which is especially nice for those on a budget.
8. Hotel Cristoforo Colombo is a great hotel located in a large business area southwest of Rome, near the river. It is very well-connected to the International Airports and in just 20 minutes, using efficient public transportation, to the very center of the city. This hotel offers access for disabled guests and is air conditioned. Wi-Fi internet connection is available for a small fee. In the summertime one can relax by the hotel’s lovely pool. All rooms are non-smoking and have air-conditioning and heating, minibars, safes, hair driers, and satellite TV, telephone and a private bathroom with either a shower or bathtub.
9. Hotel Picasso offers a truly convenient location near the Termini railway station and within walking distance to all major sights of interests. Rooms are comfortable with modern conveniences, and exude a cozy Mediterranean atmosphere. With great service, a wonderful Italian breakfast and many fine appointments in the rooms this is another of the best budget hotels in Rome.
10. The Hotel Sweet Home is located in the historic center of Rome across from the Termini Railway Station. Thanks to its great location this hotel is the ideal place to stay and see the sights. The hotel does have an elevator. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable and will go out of its way to be helpful. All rooms have a private bathroom with hairdryer and are equipped with most of the modern conveniences one would expect.
When looking for budget hotels in Rome one must always remember to check user reviews online and to look for those money saving internet specials and vouchers that can be found on the internet.