Forgot your password?

Build Up Your Retirement Account With Commercial Investment Property

By Edited Nov 13, 2013 0 0

If you're looking for a great long-term strategy for the accumulation of wealth, look no further than commercial investment property. With this type of investment vehicle you can use other people's money to slowly build wealth as the years go by. The strategy is very easy to learn. You simply purchase a piece of commercial investment property by making a down payment (typically around 20 percent of the sale price) and then take out a 15 to 30 year mortgage for the remaining 80 percent. The property you just purchased can then be leased out and you can use the monthly rental income to pay down the mortgage each and every month. Clearly, this is not a strategy for rapid wealth accumulation, however, you can see that after a few years you will own the property free and clear.

There are a lot of benefits to be derived from investing in commercial property. For example, instead of putting all of your money on investments that only exist on paper (such as stocks, options, Forex, etc.), you will be able to own an actual piece of property that you can inspect whenever you'd like. In addition, you can even make improvements to the property to improve its value. As an added bonus, the property will increase in value on its own as time passes, even if you do nothing to it. At the end of your mortgage you can either live off of the rental income or sell the property for a nice capital gain.

Another truly remarkable benefit of commercial investment property is a concept known as depreciation. Depreciation is an accounting technique that lets you allocate a portion of the building's (not the land) value against your income for a number of years. This lets you legally pay less in taxes on your income than you otherwise would.

Yet another great benefit is that more often than not, your tenants will make small improvements to the property on their own. This usually just happens on its own. A little bit of paint here and a toilet fixed there. While each of these small improvements has little value individually, when the value is combined throughout the years, it can really add up.

Commercial investment property may be just the thing you've been looking for if you have been trying to figure out the perfect investment vehicle for your retirement funds. Since many people who put their cash into the stock market often end up very disappointed, real estate lets you put your money into something physical that will slowly but surely go up in value over time. When you are ready for retirement, you can simply purchase an annuity to live on by selling the property.

Investing in commercial investment property is truly a great way to build wealth for retirement. It's not as volatile as the stock market and it's a great way to use the power of other people's money for your benefit.



Add a new comment - No HTML
You must be logged in and verified to post a comment. Please log in or sign up to comment.

Explore InfoBarrel

Auto Business & Money Entertainment Environment Health History Home & Garden InfoBarrel University Lifestyle Sports Technology Travel & Places
© Copyright 2008 - 2016 by Hinzie Media Inc. Terms of Service Privacy Policy XML Sitemap

Follow IB Business & Money