If you are in the market for a new blender look no further then the Blendtec. In my opinion it is the only blender anyone should every buy, and will ever need for that matter. Sure there are cheaper blender options and sure there is another big fish competitor in the blender sea, but I have used my fair share, and I am glad I finally decided to purchase the Blendtec.
Shouldn't I Just Buy a Cheap Blender?
Absolutely you can buy a cheap blender, but don't go complaining about how it broke down in a couple of weeks or it won't blend certain foods.
If you want to buy an appliance that will last for years and need zero maintenance follow my lead. I have had my Blendtec for 18 months or 397 smoothies (yes it keeps track of your blends) and it is running just as strong as when I bought it. I can't say the say for some other cheap models I have had in the past.
Why Should I buy it?
Here are the 5 main reasons why you should by a Blendtec blender:
- Durability: These Blenders come with an 8 year warranty, so you know they stand behind their product. Like I said I have had mine for more than a year and it is absolutely perfect still.
- Power: 3 - horsepower motor. This thing will chew up anything you throw at it. Not to mention make the smoothest most delicious smoothies you have ever had.
- Clean-up: The container on the Blendtec is very large which makes it easy for people with larger hands to get down in there with a sponge. If you rinse it right after using for smoothies you don't even have to use soap, it cleans up wonderfully. Note: the blade is not sharp because it has so much power so you don't have to worry about cutting yourself on blades while cleaning
- Versatility: This thing can do it all: smoothies, ice cream, batters, dressings, sauces, and even soup...which it will actually heat up. You can put in cold ingredients and have hot soup in a matter of minutes. I keep finding new ways to use this thing every week.
- Ease of Use: Who remembers the phrase "Set it and forget it" from late night infomercials? This machine does exactly that. I throw my morning ingredients in and push smoothie, that's it. It doesn't jump off the counter or blow the top off. I just push the button and it does it's thing for about 30 seconds.
Is There Anything You Would Change?
The only negative I can com up with is that the blender is very loud. I would assume this is due entirely to the fact it has a 3 horsepower motor. Some Lawn mowers have less power than that.
In all honesty this is the only real negative I can come up with.
For my money Blendtec blenders are the pound for pound champs in the blender game. Sure they cost more than your average blender but you can rest assured knowing it has an 8 year warranty. It has the power to blend through everything.It cleans up easily and you will keep coming up with new ways to use it.
Go out and get yourself one, you will not disappointed.
Amazon Price: $599.00 $389.51 Buy Now
(price as of Nov 24, 2015)