Carbon monoxide poisoning involves a gas that is produced by a burning material. The material contains carbon and is has no smell or color. This type of poisioning can cause brain damage or even death. Many people do not know they are being affected by carbon monoxide until they experience symptoms. This is a very deadly poisoning. This is the reason why that every family should have a working carbon monoxide detector in their home, because you never know when there is some type of leakage anywhere.

Carbon monoxide usually starts with household appliances. When they are not properly ventilated, problems will begin arising. Carbon monoxide can start to build up when they are not getting enough air. People really need to check for these things in their homes, and if you notice any problems, you need to call for proper maintenance right away, before it does lead to a gas leak.

There are many symptoms that a person will usually experience from carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms can range widely. When this type of poisoning is first experienced, people will have headaches, nausea, and a feeling of tiredness.

Most people end up mistaking these symtpoms for some type of flu, and that is why most of the time people end up not surviving from it, because they do not pay close attention to their symtpoms. If you notice any of these early symptoms, the smartest thing to do is to seek medical attention immediately.

If a person continues to be exposed to this type of leak, it can lead to brain damage or even death. These leaks usually go undetected, and people do not realize what it really is until it is too late. Other carbon monoxide symptoms will include dizziness, shortness of breath, impaired judgement, chest pain, confusion, depression, hallucinations, vomiting, agitation, abdominal pain, visual change, and even fainting.

Carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms will differ for each person. If you or someone you are with begins to experience carbon monoxide symptoms, you should contact a medical professional as soon as possible. Do no wait until these symptoms get worse.

Most of the damage can be very minimal if you get treated for the poisoning right away versus seeking treatment after initial exposure. Home appliances need to be checked on a regular for proper ventilation. Do not take any signs of carbon monoxide lightly because it could always be something more severe than it initially appears.