Wigs are available in a large variety styles, lengths and colors to fit personal tastes. In the past, wigs were used help people conceal thinning hair and balding patches. Now, wigs are use to show a woman how to change in hair style or color. Some people simply try on a wig to judge how successfully the new look fits.
The popularity of human hair wigs is at an all time high in recent production. In addition, more and more synthetic lace front and full lace wigs are being manufacture at alarming rates. Wig makers and manufactures offer a large selection of human hair and synthetic hair to choose from. Human hair wigs are usually from Asian, Indian, Mandarin Chinese and European people. These people consent to allowing their hair to be made into wigs, and then hair is then carefully collected. Most of these people are paid for their hair.
This hair is then treated chemically, cleaned and conditioned. This process allows the hair to be greatly adapted so that it can be washed, combed, dried and styled, like natural hair. Afterward the hair is colored.
Caring for lace front or full lace human wigs
- During the summer, wash the wig after you wear it every week. In the winter, wash your wig every two to three weeks.
- Wash your wig more often if you are physically active (if you gym or exercise regularly).
- Comb the wig after washing and wearing with a wire wig brush to keep tangles from becoming too large.
- During cleaning, use cold water and a shampoo formulated for human wigs and swirl the hair in the bowl or basin, do not scrub.
- After cleaning, dry the wig on a towel or place the wig on the towel and allow it to air dry it by placing it on a mannequin or wire head. You may also use a dryer to blow dryer on the full lace or lace front wig.
- Hot hair styling tools can be safely used on real hair wigs.
- Real hair wigs can also be set with setting lotion, crÃ¨me or hair spray.
Keeping your natural hair clean is also important in maintaining your wig for years to come. When your hair is cleaned on a regular basis, this keeps dirt from being left on your wig. Professional cleaning and maintenance will keep your lace front or full lace wig in prefect shape and help it to last longer. This is going to cost more than doing all the cleaning and maintaining yourself, but every three months or so, get a professional to care for your wig.
Learning how to apply and remove your wig will also save you unnecessary money and time being spent on repairs by a professional.
Hair care products made especially for lace front wigs and full lace wigs should be the only products used on your wig. Traditional hair products might have too much alcohol and could destroy the hair and the lace. Some styling products, hairsprays and crÃ¨mes can cause additional damage if they are not made for synthetic or human wigs.
One more addition to add to your hair care wig products is a good wig stand. You should place your full lace or lace front wig on a wig stand when not in use to maintain its shape. The wig stand helps to air out the wig and is the only place for your wig after washing.
Caring for your full lace wig or lace front wig correctly will save you the headache and money of ordering new wigs. I suggest you order two wigs and rotate them to make your wig last.