As a person in the process of moving often does, I've been looking for cheap cardboard boxes. I need something to put my junk in before it goes into the U-Haul portable storage unit. I didn't buy my boxes from them I got my boxes from the Home Depot. They are pretty good boxes for the price. There are 3 different sizes. Most of the boxes that I purchased were the small moving boxes. The small and medium sized boxes were both less than a dollar each at the time of this writing. As with all things prices can change pretty quickly.
The cheap small moving boxes that I bought are 16x12x12 which is a good size. They don't get too heavy unless you put a bunch of books or glass in them. The cheap medium sized boxes are 18 1/8x18x16. I haven't picked up any large moving boxes yet but they're taller than they are long or deep.
Free Boxes from the Grocery Store
One of the easiest and cheapest ways to get boxes is using your local grocery store. These stores throw out a lot of boxes every day and once you figure out the best time to go and get your boxes you can get as many as you want. The good thing about these boxes is that they are plentiful and cheap (free) the bad part about these boxes is that you have no control over the outside. I like to write what is in my box and the room that the box was packed from. Grocery store boxes often have so much writing on them that it can be hard to locate a blank spot to write. One other problem with free boxes is the sizes are all different. Using a uniform sized box means that stacking is easier and more efficient. You will not have to spend too much time trying to make a lot of boxes fit into an area.
I've purchased a huge number of cheap cardboard boxes in the last week and expect I'll need more. Now I just have to find a cheap house to buy and I'm all set. I'm guessing that's going to be a bit more of a challenge but I need someplace to unpack all my boxes, bins, crates, and barrels. It's pretty surprising how much junk you can accumulate in a few years of being in the same house.
Articles about Moving Boxes and Moving Tips:
- Wardrobe Moving Boxes are used for moving clothes. These boxes have a rod across the top so that clothes will hang freely and not wrinkle while moving. This is the best way to move hanging clothes.
- Discount Moving Boxes are important when money to move is tight. Get the best deals on boxes from your local retailer.
- Use Wholesale Moving Boxes when moving a whole house or office, buying your boxes at a wholesale supplier can save time and money.
- Buy Moving Boxes Online instead of driving to the store. This is a convenience but not necessarily the cheapest way to go.
- Large Moving Boxes are great for big, light, and bulky items. This may not be the best way to move a lot of boxes but is angreat way to move large items.
- Packing Boxes for Moving House is a skill that needs to be developed when you move yourself. How to get the maximum number of items in a box for quick and efficient moves.
- Small Cardboard Boxes should be the staple box of your move. All things that can fit can be moved using smaller boxes. This will save your back and make transportation easier.