When traveling on a budget one of the best ways to save some money is to rely on hostels for accommodations, there are many cheap hostels in the Peak District. One of the other advantages to this type of lodging is that there are often online discounts, vouchers or coupons available to make a stay even more affordable. A list of some inexpensive hostels in the Peak district includes:
1. YHA Ravenstor is set in 70 acres of park like grounds. Lodging rates are reasonable and this is a great waling base for visits to the historic Peak district.
2. YHA Ilam is housed in a historic national trust Victorian mansion set in parklands. This beautiful setting is amazing considering the low price of the accommodations.
3. YHA Edale is an activities center hostel offering outdoor courses and fabulous views. The inexpensive accommodations make this a place that certainly belongs on the list of cheap hostels in the Peak district.
4. YHA Castleton is set in a small village and is charming with spacious and plentiful common areas. The kitchen is moderate and there are even picnic tables. Costs are quite low and this is an affordable place to stay while in this area.
5. YHA Breton is a small and homey but very sociable low-cost hostel. It houses an excellent kitchen, comfortable common and dining room with books and games available for the enjoyment of those staying there but there is no TV. It is a great place to stay and is certainly one of the best of the cheap hostels in the Peak district.
6. YHA Gradbach Mill has multiple common areas including one with a large TV. It also has an excellent and well-equipped kitchen. Hostel meals, beer and wine are all for sale. There are picnic tables and a playing field. As an added bonus, groups sleep in a separate building which is nice for those seeking a bit of peace and quiet. The rates are quite low for accommodations here.
7. YHA Heathersage offers inexpensive rates for those that are looking for accommodations in the peak district. The hostel is set in a Victorian house close to shops and transportation. It offers a bright dining room, a pleasant lounge with TV, and a well-equipped kitchen. Remember to look for internet deals and vouchers to help save when booking rooms in these hostels.
8. YHA Crowden has been remodeled and is well-suited to housing overnight hikers or visitors to this area of the Peak district. This hostel has kitchen facilities, welcomes children, has outdoor activities areas, and offers a restaurant for the evening meal. It is reasonable in cost and a fine place to stay in when considering cheap hostels in the Peak district.
9. YHA Alstonefield is ideal for families and consists of two barns, each with its own lounge, dining area and self-catering kitchen. All five bedrooms are en-suite and there is a large patio and garden area. This is a reasonably priced and charming place to stay.
10. YHA Dimmingsdale is a traditional, purpose-built hostel set in secluded woodlands that offers a quiet base for those looking to stay in a more tranquil setting. There are several nature reserves in the area and this is an attractive and low cost hostel for nature lovers.
Cheap hostels in the Peak District are easy to find and are quite affordable, one should remember to look for online deals, internet specials and vouchers that will help to save even more money.