CHOCOLATE CHIP CAKE
This is an easy and tasty cake that shockingly doesn't even include baking powder. I know that there are so many chocolate chip cake recipes out there but you only have to try this out once to love it. ALL THE BEST
I am grateful to my friend and her sister who introduced me to this awesome recipe. THUMBS UP!
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 240 g butter
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 cups cashew nuts
- 400 g dark chocolate chopped or chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- Separate the eggs. white and yolk in separate bowls.
- Beat sugar and butter until sugar dissolves completely.
- Add the yolks one by one and beat well.
- Sieve the flour 3 times. Why we sieve is to aerate the flour so that the cake rises well.
- Add the cashew nuts and the chocolate chips to the flour and mix with your hand.
- Now fold the flour into the cake batter.
- Beat the eggs until light and fluffy. Now fold this too into the cake mixture but don't beat.
- Add the vanilla and mix.
- Grease an 8 inch tray and pour the batter in it. You can use lovely shapes to bake your chocolate chip cake.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 - 40 minutes or until done. Insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean then it's done. (Baking time for cupcakes will be 20 minutes, then again it does depend on the oven too)
- You can eat is just like that, it will be delicious. I prefer not to add any coating as the cake has its share of chocolate chips.
CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKE
TYPES OF CHCOCOLATE
Chocolate without the non-fat ingredients from cocoa, that is why the chocolate has a white color.
20% cocoa solid and 12% milk solids. This is light brown in color.
This chocolate can be sweet, bittersweet, semi-sweet, unsweetened. It normally contains 12% milk solids and the rest cocoa solids.
This chocolate has 100% cocoa solids and is very bitter. Unsweetened chocolate is used in using when the recipe states so.
This chocolate contains at least 15% liquor.
BITTER SWEET CHOCOLATE
This is also known as semi-sweet chocolate. This is a dark chocolate that contains at least 35% cocoa solids and mostly contains 60% cocoa solids. This is often used in cooking and has a rich flavor.
This is chocolate made with hazelnuts that are toasted and has a lovely flavor of hazelnuts.
All types of the above chocolates can be found under baking chocolates.
HOPE YOU ENJOYED READING MY ARTICLE AND IT WOULD MAKE ME HAPPY IF YOU CAN LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW.