Something special about the holidays is baking cookies. I love to bake cookies while listening to Christmas music watching the snow fall outside. I also like to find cute ways to gift my homemade cookies to family and friends. Here is a super cute and easy idea to gift homemade cookies to friends and family.
For this gift any cookie can be used. In the picture chocolate chip cookies were used to fill the mason jar. The original Nestle Toll House recipe was used because it argued by some that it is the best recipe out there!
Ingredients you will need:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup butter or margarine, softened (I use butter)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 3/4 cups Nestle Toll House Milk Chocolate Morsels
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a larger mixer bowl until creamy.
3. Add eggs one at a time.
4. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and then gradually beat into the creamy mixture.
5. Stir in the morsels
6. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto greased baking sheets.
7. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Cool for a few minutes.
Now that you have baked the cookies, YUM! It is time to do the fun part, decorate your jar.
You will need:
1 mason jar
1 sheet of card stock paper
1. In a word processing program type Thankful for sweet friends like you! Merry Christmas as shown in the picture. You can type it in the font and color of your choice.
2. Print out the label
3. Cut out label and use glue dots to secure onto jar.
4. Tie a ribbon of your choice around the neck of the jar.
5. Fill your jar with chocolate chip cookies or a treat of your choice.
6. Gift to someone special in your life!