The amount of preservatives in the food we eat these days is cause for concern. With so many fast food restaurants and processed foods, our bodies are slowly becoming filled with unnecessary toxins.
As people are becoming more aware of their food intake, detoxification is becoming more and more popular. Detoxification is the process of removing harmful toxins from your body. Primarily it is used as a treatment for alcohol and drug dependency, but more and more people are using the detoxification diets to remove other unwanted toxins from their bodies.
If you are considering cleansing your body through detoxification, there are a few tips you will need to follow.
- Go for a non-toxic lifestyle. A non-toxic lifestyle means going for all-natural foods, drinking lots of liquids-especially water, exercising regularly and avoiding toxic foods such as junk food, fast food, or processed foods. At the same time, you can try out a detox diet that will cleanse your body and relieve all those aches and pains, allergies, digestive problems as well as many other health issues. A detox cleansing diet consists of eating fresh fruits, raw vegetables, nuts, beans, rice and whole grains. You must not take in any sugars, caffeine, yeast, alcohol, chocolate, or other foods rich in additives and preservatives.
- Plan your detox diet. If you possibly can, a three day fast before you begin your detox diet will assist you in the transition in and out of your detox program. Start on a Friday, and use the weekend for your fast. Make sure your detox plan is something you can follow. Remember, detoxification does not mean you need to starve yourself.
- Appreciate nature. Exercise outdoors. The fresh air can do wonders for your lungs and circulation. If you live near the beach, a morning run or walk is a beautiful way to start your day. Have a balanced schedule of exercise that includes yoga, strength training, and cardio. Anything that will keep your body up and running is important.
- Go to the spa. Take a shower and do a skin brushing. Scrubbing your skin helps improve circulation and removes dead skin cells from your body. This will help make your skin glow and look more healthy and alive.
- Make sure you have a regular bowel movement daily. Eat plenty of high fiber foods, including fresh fruits and vegetables to get your colon working properly. There are also teas and other herbs that can help aid in getting your bowels moving. When you are detoxing, regular bowel movements can lessen the possibility of excess toxins building up in your body.
- Be positive. Remember, a healthy mind creates a healthy body. Rid yourself of all negative thoughts, as these too can add to the toxin build-up in your body. Relax yourself by meditation or simply clearing your mind for 30 minutes a day. Smile, and know that during your detoxification, you are doing the best thing for your body.
It is never too late to start taking care of yourself. With the stress and pollution we face day to day, we are entitled to take some personal pleasures as simple as taking care of our bodies. Body detox may be as simple as ridding yourself of your negative or it can be as complicated as following a strict detox diet to eliminate toxins in our digestive system. Whichever you choose to do, the important thing is that you find a way to cleanse your body.