The Many Benefits of Coconut Water
What is coconut water and how is it different from coconut milk?
When the coconut is still unripe, the liquid inside is still in water form. But when the coconut ripens, the water hardens to become the white flesh that people typically associate with coconuts. This white flesh is also used to make coconut milk. Unripened coconuts is the only source for coconut water.
Benefits of coconut water
Coconut water is an extremely pure liquid and contains potassium, calcium, magnesium and other electrolytes that are good for you. It is fat free, low in carbs and contains no sugars. It also has anti fungal, anti viral and microbial properties. All things considered, it is deserving of its reputation as an an incredibly healthy drink.
Here are some of the main benefits of coconut water:
- Excellent post exercise nutrition - with less sodium and higher potassium than other energy or sports drinks, coconut water helps recovery by replacing lost electrolytes
- Promotes weight loss and increases metabolism
- Re-hydrates the body completely
- Increases the immunity of your body
- Helps in carrying oxygen and other nutrients to the body cells
- Boosts the circulation
- Helps in removing kidney stones
- Fights viruses and detoxifies the body
- Known to kill intestinal worms
- Coconut water being identical to blood plasma has been used for blood transfusion.
- Known to settle upset stomaches and control vomiting.
Include a glass of coconut water in your daily diet and exercise regularly. You will not only lose weight but also get a radiant complexion. We put tetra-paks in our kids lunches and they love it. Coconut water is already popular with health conscious people, who are already reaping the multiple benefits. If you get a chance, try it out and use the comments box below to let me know how you like it.