tasty coconut fish
As I had mentioned in my last article that I will be soon uploading an article on recipes cooked with coconut. My previous article was shrimp cooked with coconut, now I will be sharing a recipe what I learned from a friend many years back. The process is easy and the dishes are very tasty. The two recipes which I will be writing about are -
Coconut Fish curry and Coconut Fish fry. I will first share the recipe of coconut fish curry. Previously I had written about coconut based prawn recipe. http://www.infobarrel.com/Coconut_based_shrimp_curry_Prawn_Ghassi
Coconut Fish curry
- Pomfret 1/2 lbs cut into pieces
- dry chilies 4
- salt as per taste
- coriander powder 1 tsp
- turmeric 1 tsp
- garlic cloves 5 coarsely grounded
- grated coconut 1 cup
- onion 2 cup sliced in small pieces
- red chili powder 1/2 tsp
- curry masala (available in any grocery store). You can substitute curry masala with chicken masala or mutton masala or fish masala.
- oil 3 tsp
- coriander for garnishing
- water 2 cups
- Marinate the fish with salt and turmeric.
- Grind coconut, 3/ 4 cup of onions, coriander powder and red chili powder. Do not add water.
- Apply the mixture just made to the fish and let it marinate for 10 - 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in pan.
- Roast dry pepper in pan.
- Fry the garlic and then add the roasted red chili with it.
- Add curry masala to the fried garlic and roasted dry pepper and mix well.
- Add 1/4 cup of onions in the pan and fry till they are golden brown.
- Add the marinated fish, add salt (you can add the salt before also). Mix well.
- Add water and stir well.
- Cover well and cook the fish till its done. It usually takes 10 minutes to cook.
- Serve with hot rice.
Coconut fish fry
- All the ingredients are same as the recipe above except 1 cup of rice flour
- lime juice (optional)
- Apply turmeric and salt to the fish
- Add red chili powder and curry masala and make a mixture. You can add 1 tsp of lime juice in the mixture.
- Now marinate the fish with this mixture and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Fry oil in pan
- Coat the marinated fish pieces in the rice flour.
- Fry the fish pieces till they are crisp.
- serve hot.