Save Time and Money With College Dorm Bedding Sets
College dorm bedding sets are an inexpensive and easy way to get your freshman or returning college student ready for the new college semester. If your child is headed off the college for the first time, you are probably looking at purchasing most, if not all, of his or her bedding needs from scratch, while returning students may just need to replace a few items that are worn out. Buying dorm bedding in sets saves you money and makes putting together a cozy, comfortable sleeping area fun and simple.
Credit: Bugtown under royalty free license via SXC, http://www.sxc.hu/txt/license.htmlCredit: Bugtown under royalty free license via SXC, http://www.sxc.hu/txt/license.html
Where to Shop for College Dorm Bedding Sets
Shopping online saves you big money - you don't waste precious gas driving all over town looking for the best bargains because you can do your comparison shopping with the click of a mouse. Additionally, you can browse and compare dorm bedding sets and collections from a wider range of vendors, which means you have more choices. Here are some merchants who specialize in bedding for college dormitory beds that you might want to check out:
Dorm Co (www.dormco.com) offers so many benefits and perks for their customers that you just may end up making them your-go to source for outfitting your college dorm room at a low, affordable price. After all, it's pretty hard to beat features such as low flat rate shipping in the continental United States, no minimum order size, and most orders are turned around and shipped within 24 hours. Add on their Students Earn Cash program, which pays you a commission for promoting their business, and you have a sweet deal that's hard to resist.
Enjoy free shipping on qualifying orders, and no worries if you aren't satisfied with your purchase or you need to make an exchange. BedBathstore offers a hassle-free 30 day return policy as well as a lowest price guarantee. Shop their exclusive College Dorm Store (www.bedbathstore.com) for essential items like twin XL sheet or comforter sets or sports themed bedding.
PB Teen is an exclusive collection of furnishings and accessories from Pottery Barn, designed to satisfy the special shopping needs and desires of teens. Shop by gender or visit their Dorm Room Inspiration collections to get ideas to create a coordinated look for any dormitory bedroom. Some special perks for shoppers include notification of web-only special sales and promotions as well as sneak previews of new products when you subscribe to their email list. In addition, they also offer free shipping on twin XL sheet sets. Shop online at www.pbteen.com, order a free catalog, or visit the store location nearest you.
Residence Hall Linens
Save time and money when you shop for your dorm bedding needs at Residence Hall Linens. All their products are backed by a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee, and they offer a comprehensive collection of bedding and bedding sets to fit your needs. Some of their top collections include:
- Complete Collection: From bedding to bath to a handy underbed storage unit and pop-up hamper, you'll find everything you need to set up housekeeping in your dorm room in this collection.
- The Comfort Pak: This package deal includes your bath and bedding essentials and a pop-up hamper.
- Student Starter Set: Choose this basic set to get your college year off to a colorful start. Includes a color coordinated set of bedding and bath essentials.
- Allergen Guard Healthy Sleep Value Pak: Students who suffer with asthma, sinus problems or allergies need the protection provided by this top quality mattress protector and pillows.
According to their website (http://www.rhl.org), all value paks include two sheet sets, which cuts down on housekeeping chores like laundry, and they qualify for free shipping. In addition, the bedding can be mixed and matched to suit your color preferences.
Insider Tips on the Best College Dorm Bedding
Tips for Choosing College Dorm Bedding Sets
- Most dormitory beds have mattresses that are five inches longer than a standard twin size mattress, so buy twin XL bedding. Check with your college for exact specifications before you go shopping.
- The bed may do double duty for as an extra chair or even a table when necessary. Dark colors hide stains better than light colors.
- Buying coordinated sheets and bedding packages or bundles makes room decoration a breeze. You can buy inexpensive sets that include the sheets, pillow cases and blankets or complete bedding sets that contain the bed linens, blankets and perhaps a mattress pad or egg crate pad. The only limit is your budget and imagination.
- College students have limited access to laundry facilities and are usually time-starved. Buying two or three complete sets of bedding cuts down on housekeeping chores and may cut their overall stress levels.
- If you buy two identical sets of dorm bedding, the individual pieces can be mixed and matched. For instance, if a pillow case gets stained, it can be replaced with the matching one and eliminate the need for changing the entire bed.
- Dorm beds get a lot of use over the years and may be hard and uncomfortable. Investing in a mattress pad and egg crate or memory foam pad is a good idea.
- Tagging on the idea above, it's probably a good idea to get mattress and pillow covers to cut down on allergens that could cause infections or disease. Allergy sufferers, in particular, should be cautious about covering up any surfaces that could be contaminated with allergens.
If you decide to buy bedding items separately, you can pick and choose the items to suit your needs the best. Here are some things to consider purchasing when you shop for your dorm room bedding:
- egg crate pads
- mattress pads
- pillow cases
- sheet sets
- duvet covers
Less Housekeeping Equals More Time for Other Things
Whether you opt for buying complete, all-inclusive college dorm bedding sets or mix and match each piece or grouping to create a customized look for your dorm room, you are bound to be pleased by the wide choice of colors, styles and fabrics that are available in today's marketplace. After all, with all you have to contend with during a college year such as time management for your homework load or how to handle your stress, who needs to be bothered with mundane things like housekeeping?