The Columbia Sportswear company was created in 1938. Orginally called the Columbia Hat Company, It was not until 1975 when they were the first company to introduce a Gore Tex Parka. Shortly after they introduced the parka, they became an international corporation.
Columbia's Bugaboo parka was introduced in 1986. This changed the way that downhill skiers protect themselves from the cold.
Columbia has prided themselves on the fact that they have manufactured top-of-the line jackets for the active outdoor sportsman for almost three decades.
Here is a partial list of men's winter jackets that Columbia has available:
- Men's Alaskan II Down Jacket, this ultra warm down filled jacket is available in 4 colors and 4 sizes. This puffy jacket uses the Omni-Shield to keep wet weather away from you.
- Men's Portage Glacier Down Jacket, this is even a more warm jacket for extreme cold weather and is available in 3 colors and 5 sizes.
- Men's Chugach Down Jacket, this exceptionally warm, down filled jacket is available in 3 colors and 5 sizes.
- Men's Geocache Down Jacket, this is another down filled jacket that is available in 4 colors and 5 sizes.
- Men's Delirium Dive Parka, this brightly colored parka has both a shell and lining and is available in 2 colors and 5 sizes.
- Men's Trick Eagle Jacket, this is another brightly colored parka that has both a shell and a lining and is available in 4 colors and 6 sizes.
- Men's Monashee Pullover, this pullover parka is available in 6 colors and 5 sizes.
- Men's Omni Heat Insulated Liner, this ultra warm liner is designed to be worm with any corresponding shell and is available in 2 colors and 5 sizes.
- Men's Thermodynamic Softshell, this very comfortable and warm outer shell is available in 4 colors and 5 sizes.
- Men's Wildcard III Softshell, this softshell jacket comes in 5 sizes and 3 colors.
Columbia Sportswear Company has been making top-of-the line sportswear jackets for the active outdoorsman since the 1970's. If you are an active outdoorsman you really need to invest in one of these lightweight, yet warm jackets.