The Truth About SEO
Search Engine Optimization Myths Laid Bare
There are so many articles online that give you information that isn't true, so knowing what is and isn't can really be a challenge. The goal of this article is to help you by providing information on some of the most common search engine optimization myths and why they're not true. Read on for the truth about SEO:
* Some resources claim that a big site cannot be optimized by just one person. This is not true, since a single person is more than capable of optimizing a whole site no matter the size if they have enough time and a little bit of patience. Most of the time, there is only one person assigned to the task of doing SEO for a site because it's the most cost effective way of doing things.
* You cannot just write good meta tags and wait for traffic. A number of places say that the only key to success is to just write good tags and you'll have traffic. This is simply not true. While choosing good tags are key in making your website climb up a search engine's ladder, it's not the only thing you must do. Make sure your whole site contains relevant tags and keywords but don't count on it being the only thing that's holding your SEO efforts back.
* Using "Black Hat" SEO techniques is not a good way to get your website noticed by search engines. There are a lot of unethical ways to get your website ranked high, but as time goes on the search engines are catching on and you can be disqualified from rankings if you get caught cheating. The risk of taking the easy way out and getting traffic is outweighed by possibly getting your listing removed or ranked very low.
* SEO will also not instantly make your website the number one site in the results for your keywords. This takes a lot of time and a lot of work. If you're expecting to have a top spot without taking your time and working towards it you won't get very far. Eventually you will see your website near the top but there is no way it will happen overnight with the massive number of websites that are online at the moment.
* No matter what people say, even if you're already at the top, SEO can still help you. If you neglect to use SEO techniques just because you're at the top, someone else who is working harder than you may take your spot. You'll be left in the dust and have to start over again. Make sure to keep on using SEO techniques even when you think you're at the top of your game because online things can change in an instant and you will need to be ready.
Now that you know some of these search engine optimization tips, you can take the information and use it in your SEO strategy. Knowing how to tell what is a myth or not will help you to make your website thrive well into the future.