Nature has its way of putting things in balance, like the number of baby boys and girls being born. But although many families are fortunate enough to have both genders in acceptable ratios, some could have all boys and zero girls, or vice versa. Good thing, you don’t to have to leave it all up to luck to conceive a baby girl. You can choose the gender of your next child by following these 5 best practices.
- Waiting until your cervical mucus becomes creamy. Cervical mucus is a vaginal discharge that changes in appearance throughout a woman’s menstrual period. Creamy cervical mucus is an indication that a woman is nearing ovulation. Because creamy cervical mucus favors the x sperm—the sperm that produces a baby girl, it is best to make love while your cervical mucus is creamy. It is true, fertilization won’t happen until you ovulated; but the sperm can survive in the fallopian tube for up to 7 days, so don’t worry about having sex before ovulation.
- Douching with vinegar. The y sperm—the sperm that produces a baby boy, won’t endure an acidic environment, but the x sperm will. Douching with vinegar will lessen the vaginal pH level, thus making it acidic. In addition, this method helps fight against bacteria and yeast infection.
- Taking supplements. Increasing the amount of magnesium, calcium, vitamin D, and folic acid in the body will enable the egg cell to draw in the x sperm better. These nutrients are mostly found in eggs, cheese, milk, and whole grains. However, taking supplements can guarantee that you get enough doses daily, and raise your chance of conceiving a baby girl.
- Sudafed before sex. Sudafed is a brand of nasal decongestant. Taking one before sex can help dry up the egg white cervical mucus. The y sperm lives better in watery egg white cervical mucus, thus it should be dried up before any attempt to have a baby girl.
- Avoiding orgasm. Orgasm is believed to induce secretions of alkaline, which is bad for the x sperm. In order to get pregnant with a baby girl, you should not only avoid sexual positions that require deeper penetrations but also those that stimulate female orgasm.
Summary and Conclusion
There are various ways to pick the gender of your next baby. Monitoring your ovulation and cervical mucus helps determine the best time to make love. Magnesium, calcium, vitamin D, and folic acid are essential nutrients that aid in the fertilization of an egg cell by the x sperm. Because the x sperm has higher chances of beating the y sperm in an acidic environment, douching with vinegar is also recommended.