Cooking Schools CA
If you love to cook and serve and are an aspiring Chef looking for the best opportunities available in the culinary arts and the always growing hospitality industry, cooking schools in California are one of the most popular options available to you for a culinary degree or pastry chef. For those that want the best of the best cooking schools in California with mild weather, learning from top experienced professional Chefs in facilities that boast all the newest technological advances this article will guide you through the top choices available to you.
Le Cordon Bleu â€“ Cooking Schools CA
Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Los Angeles offers two campus options in Pasadena, California as well as Hollywood, Sacramento and San Francisco California offering over 100 years of culinary experience and excellence.
- Gain hands on experience from the finest professional Chefs in the hospitality industry to gain the knowledge needed for this competitive industry.
- Learn classic and modern cooking techniques.
- Obtain a world renowned culinary degree that gives the professional Chef an advantage over other employees seeking the best jobs and the highest incomes almost anywhere in the world.
- Learn the science behind food, nutritional aspects as well as national and international cooking techniques that only hands on experience provides.
- Diploma and Associates Degrees available at a cost ranging from $23,000 to $48,000 with financial aid options available for those that apply on time and qualify.
- Le Cordon Bleu online programs available that assist the student to gain the culinary education they desire while working a full or part time job.
- Students are eligible to participate in community events, competitions and on-site restaurants for additional exciting experiences.
- Pursue a career from Le Cordon Bleu known for a reputation of excellence and open a world of culinary possibilities.
The Culinary Institute of America â€“ Cooking Schools CA
The Culinary Institute of America located in Greystone, California is in the heart of the famous Napa Wine Valley offering some of the most amazing professionally designed kitchens and facilities in the world.
- Gain the leadership skills and professional abilities that are some of the most demanding aspects of business ownership that set these Chefs apart from the rest.
- Six months of hands on prior baking or kitchen experience and a high school graduate certificate are required to get into The Culinary Institute of America at Greystone, California.
- Obtain an Associates Degree, Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Associates Degree for those with current working experience looking for career enhancement possibilities.
- Study with hands on experience in the school's own restaurant which allows for the most realistic challenges facing the restaurant worker or owner from ordering and menu planning to preparation, set-up, staffing, organizational skills, timing, and presentation to service.
- The campus at The Culinary Institute of America at Greystone, California offers students 15 acres of vineyards, gardens and teaches the use of seasonal ingredients in cooking as well as an understanding of sustainable agriculture.
- The cost of attending The Culinary Institute of America is roughly $14,000 per semester which includes knives, meals, exam fees, books and uniforms. A monthly tuition installment payment plan is available to assist in the cost of obtaining this professional culinary degree.
- Financial assistance will help the student obtain as much help as possible to pay for a career in the culinary arts.
Kitchen Academy â€“ Cooking Schools CA
The Kitchen Academy located in Sacramento, California offers accelerated programs of culinary teaching designed to put students immediately into the kitchen without wasting hours in the classroom.
- Some programs can be completed in as little as 30 weeks of training.
- Students learn particular skills such as knife skills, kitchen terminology, pairing of spices and herbs with food groups, types and cuts of meats as well as meat cutting or butchering and pastas.
- The important aspects of cost control, labor control, menu planning, the science of nutrition as well as portions and waste are included at the Kitchen Academy with small class sizes taught by professional experienced Chefs.
- The Kitchen Academy is an excellent choice for those without much kitchen or cooking experience to date with flexible class times ranging from 6am to early evening to assist those looking for a career change while working a current job.
- Job placement is an added benefit of the Kitchen Academy as they assist in helping students find suitable work after the program.
- The cost to attend the Kitchen Academy is just around $18,000 with financial assistance available.
- Applications for the Kitchen Academy are taken roughly 8 times throughout the year due to the flexible schedule that is unique to this culinary arts education.
These top Cooking Schools of California await any and all that are seeking a career in the culinary arts to pursue employment in restaurants, hotels, bakeries, resorts, cruise ships or even to own your own restaurant. Many of the best culinary arts or pastry chef positions available require a professionally educated and professionally trained Chef and these educational institutions are some of the best that California has to offer â€“ if you can handle the warm weather and avoid the distractions that a mild climate presents to studying!
You may even be one of the lucky Chefs that obtain employment as a Celebrity Chef or as a Television Chef to earn millions of dollars. Whether you attend a Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Cooking School, The Culinary Institute of America or The Kitchen Academy you will get a great education in the culinary arts that can enhance your love of cooking and service.