You have to experience a Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 griddler to believe it. FIVE functions in one griddler. And the amazing thing is that all of the 5 functions really do work. So you get 5 useful kitchenware functions and save lots of storage space while you're at it. And it's something you have to show off in front of friends. The Cuisinart Griddler opens very wide so you can get a really thick sandwich or a piece of meat in it, but at the same time, the cooking plates lie really flat.
The 5-in-1 countertop griddler works as
- A contact grill
- A panini press (you really have to make a panini to believe it, probably THE best function)
- A full grill
- A full griddle
- Part grill/part griddle
Who might buy this:
- People who don't cook regularly enough to justify buying each individual gadget
- People with small kitchens who can't fit so many gadgets into their limited area
- Those on a budget who don't want to splash out for each separate gadget
- Those who might griddle and grill quite a bit, but probably don't make a whole lot of paninis but would like to have a hot, freshly-made home produced panini now and again
- People who like sleek, modern-looking gadgets in their kitchen. And gadgets that will actually get some use
- Those who appreciate the healthier-style of cooking that comes with griddles. Taste but without growing the waistline!
- Those who live alone and want to cook in a easier, no-hassle way
What can you cook with this:
- Juicy Ribs
- Boneless meat
- ....and more!
Key product features
- Removable and reversible nonstick cooking plates drain. One side is a grill side, the other a griddler side. This is a huge improvement on the previous model which had separate griddle and grill plates so you always needed to find extra storage for the two plates not being used. The griddle sides are designed to let the grease drain off so you get the taste but without all the fat and unnecessary calories. If you're not worried about calories, you can collect the fat for use in gravy or for the stuffing. Makes cleaning so easy. It also means you can remove the cooking plates if you don't need as much area, saving on cleaning
- Plate release buttons for easy and quick removal
- an improved drip tray (previously the dripping collected in a corner but the new design makes it easier to clean)
- Brushed stainless-steel casing
- A sturdy panini-style handle
- A floating cover so it can adjust depending on the thickness of the food you are cooking
- Adjustable dual temperature controls with indicator lights for quick reference so you're not left guessing. For example you can set from 'warm' to 'sear' on the grill/panini function side. On the griddle side you can change the temperature setting from 200 degrees F to 425 degrees F so you're not having to guess
- Selector: for selecting the grill/panini or griddle function
- A scraping tool
- Gourmet recipe suggestions
- The removeable cooking plates, drip tray, and scraper are dishwasher-safe
- There's currently a 3-year limited warranty
The Cuisinart 5 in 1 Griddler's Many Uses
Use the Griddler as a contact grill to cook burgers, boneless pieces of meat, scallops, bacon, sliced potatoes and vegetables. I think it works particularly well on juicy hunks of sirloin steak. Don't walk away as the contact grill function cooks food quickly. Great if you're caught short of time or if you want the healthiest way to cook something. It is fast because you can cooking on both sides of the food simultaneously. With a bit of trial and error, you will achieve a perfectly crispy outside and fully cooked inside. The contact grill function works best when you want to cook something in a short amount of time or when you are looking for a healthy method of grilling as the grease just rolls off down the ribbed sides. Make sure you're cooking food items of a similar thickness, otherwise the cover won't close properly and you will not get the even, fast cooking effect you're looking for.
Grill sandwiches, quesadillas and breads with the Panini function. The sandwich is pressed between either the two grill or the two griddle plates to toast the bread and to warm a sandwich. Works even better if your bread is freshly baked, but then again, isn't that always the case!? Use the grill side of the plates so you can those classy, professional looking grill marks on the panini. But again, it's worth trying out the results from both sides of the plate.
The Cuisinart Griddler GR4N works as a full grill to cook boneless, thinly-cut chicken, fish, vegetables, steak and burgers. It's not recommended for chicken with the bone attached. The full grill is when the Griddler is lying flat. It's basically like a healthy, big frying pan.
Use the Griddle as a full griddle to cook pancakes, eggs, French toast, hash browns, and breakfast meats. When you use the Griddler as a full griddle, open the cover so it lies flat, creating a double, flat cooking surface. In this position, the foods you are preparing will have to be turned over for cooking. When using this cooking function, the griddle side of the plates should be used. Cooking on the full griddle is a wonderful way to prepare breakfast for two or for a large family. The large surface area allows you to cook a variety of different foods at the same time, or large amounts of your favorite food.
Half Grill/Half Griddle
Use the Griddler as a half grill/half griddle to cook up full meals like the classic bacon and eggs, or perhaps sliced potatoes with steak at the same time. Great if you live a busy life and like your meals ready in a hurry.
Where can I buy this?
Online stores especially Amazon.com are currently offering the best discount and free shipping for the Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler
Other real reviews:
"Fast cooking & the meat is eye appealing with the grill marks on both sides."
"Granted, it doesn't quite do the job my Weber grill does outside, but when it is 15 below zero, I recommend it"
"get a meal on the table in 15 minutes or less including clean-up time"
"grilling inside when the weather outside is bad is a huge plus"
"easy to clean"
"drip tray catches every bit of grease"
"because of the multiple options it replaces several older and bulkier appliances"