It is easy and quick and simple to make .You can make it in a few minutes.It is a good rice dish for taking for picnic or as a lunch to school or office. It cools your stomach if you have had a hot curry foods.It is very good food for hot summer season.Curd Rice is truly comfort food.Curd rice recipe is a delicious healthy popular South Indian dish. It tastes great with just a pickle or chutney and also with a daal (lentils) or meat dish.It is a best food to be taken when you have acidity or feverc. It is commonly eaten at the end of every meal as it aids digestion.
- 1 Cup Boiled Rice
- 1 tsp. chana daal
- 1 tsp. urad daal
- 1-2 green chilies
- 1 1/2 tsp. finely chopped ginger to garnish
- 2 Tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tbsps vegetable/sunflower cooking oil
- 2 cup sour yogurt
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- A pinch of Asafoetida
- Ginger few - thinly sliced
- Wash the rice well and pressure cook it and allow it for two hours.
- heat 2 tablespoonful of oil in a pan and add mustard seeds .
- After mustard seeds start popping add chana , urad daal, Cumin seeds and Asafoetida.
- After a minute, add in the ginger, curry leaves and green chilies and SautÃ©.
- Add this mix to the rice and stir well.
- Mix the salt and desiccated coconut.
- Add yogurt (curd) and milk and mix well.
- Garnish the curd rice with coriander leaves.
- Curd rice is ready to be served.
- Serve with a pickle or chutney.
- Pomegranate seeds and grapes can be added.