When the word Diet is brought into discussion, the first thing most people think of is the latest and greatest (?) fad to losing weight fast. However, a diet shouldn't consist of pills, starvation, and unbalanced
consumption of nutritional needs. It should bring into play the way our grandparents and those before them addressed that which they consumed. Healthy and nutritious sources of energy.
Before moving forward, let's break down the two words diet and dieting...
- Diet - food and drink considered in terms of its qualities, composition, and its effects on health
- Dieting - the act of limiting a balanced consumption of the necessary foods and drinks to maintain a healthy lifestyle
Dieting brings too much focus on diet overhaul rather than proper diet. The reason is because people would like to see immediate results. In many cases, dieting will backfire and reduce the odds of positive results.
What Does a Proper Diet Consist of?
- Most Unprocessed Foods and Drinks
- Primarily Vegetables & Fruits
- Balance of Carbohydrates, Fats, and Proteins
Benefits of a Proper Diet Instead of Dieting:
- Better Sex
- Increased Physical Abilities
- Sleep Better
- Less Tired
- Better Digestive Movements
- Healthier Skin
- Less Stress
- Improved Alertness
- And so on...
Living with a proper diet rather than dieting is understandably tough at times. But it is well worth it when you can play with your kids, not have to pay for monthly pills, and do the things you truly want to be doing.