Lose weight without a diet.
Five great weight loss tips.
Who wouldn’t love to lose weight effortlessly, without boring, repetitious diets, and long strenuous workouts? Bad eating habits are the reason most of us pack on the pounds without realizing. Incorporating these 5 simple healthy living tips into your daily routine can help you shed pounds without hitting the gym.
1. Ditch the cake or pie for dessert and opt for some fruit instead. Fresh fruits like blueberries and strawberries are great choices that won’t add a ton of extra calories to your meal. Canned fruit is another better for you alternative to high calorie after dinner treats. By choosing fruit for dessert you consume fewer calories and get a good dose of vitamins and minerals, which are essential for good health.
2. Don’t Skip Breakfast. Skipping meals is a counter-productive practice that might be sabotaging your weight loss efforts. Skipping a meal might actually cause your body to hold on to stored calories, especially if the meal you’re skipping is breakfast. . We’ve all heard the saying, “breakfast is the most important meal of the day.” The sooner you eat breakfast after you wake up, the sooner your metabolism is activated and the fat-burning process begins.
3. Swap your soda for 8 oz of water. Soda, juice and coffee drinks are typically full of calories but lack any real nutritional value. One 20 oz. Coca Cola packs 240 calories. Sodas, aren’t the only culprit; artificial juice and other beverages t typically consumed with meals are also full of sugar, and sodium.
4. Use smaller plates. Using smaller plates when serving up home cooked favorites is a great way to control portion size. When we use large plates we feel the need to fill up the whole plate and we sometimes feel an even greater need to eat every morsel of food on those plates even after we’ve become full. Smaller plates mean smaller portions and a smaller chance of overeating.
5. Don’t eat and multitask. Multitasking is a way of life for many of us but eating while doing other activities is one way that we consume way more calories than we should. This is also called mindless eating. Snacking while watching TV gets our minds off of how much we’re consuming. The same is true for eating while we browse the internet or play games or even chat with friends. Your best bet is to prepare yourself an appropriate portion of your favorite snack to munch on while you do these activities.