Are you wondering how YouTubers make money online with their videos? If you are looking for ways to diversify your online passive income, you may want to consider uploading your original videos on the website. You make money by earning a share of the ad revenue generated from videos you upload. You can make about $3-$5 per 1,000 views on Youtube and it helps to have a lot of subscribers and friends to get more views. The top earners make well over $100,000 per year.
However, it’s important to also understand that people in these videos also provide links to other articles they've written in the description.
For example, a person may do a video on “internet marketing” then link to an original article on InfoBarrel or their niche blog, in the video description. Or they may include a text in their actual video This helps them earn more money from other sources, not just Youtube.
If you get a ton of views on your videos and have plenty of subscribers and friends, you can make a lot of money. If you manage to get a breakthrough video which gather 1 million views you will make about $10,000 on that video
So it is possible to make a lot of money on Youtube, with some top stars making well over $100,000 a year.
Important Tips for Making Money on Youtube
Making money on YouTube is a nice way to earn a residual income in your spare time. Here are some tips:
- YouTube will not pay you if your content contains anything that you didn’t create or get permission to use. They also won’t pay you if you use inappropriate content.
- Cover songs do not count, so don’t upload your favorite music video to try and make money.
- Best YouTube moneymaking tip: Make original, awesome videos and then market them online through social media, social bookmarking and backlinking.
So you may want to considering linking to your Youtube video in a blog post you write, for example. And then you definitely want to link to your blog posts in your YouTube video as well!
- Learn more: Read about how the top performers gained their success on Youtube. These two books below will teach you how to make a good video that goes “viral” and how it can help your business.
Amazon Price: $22.00 $1.95 Buy Now
(price as of Jul 8, 2015)
Amazon Price: $29.99 $11.68 Buy Now
(price as of Jul 8, 2015)
The best thing you can do today to make money on Youtube is to just start and be patient. You may not make too much money in the beginning, but if you don’t give up and learn as much as you can, you will definitely increase your chances.
For some motivation, know this: the top YouTube earners made well over $200K in ad revenue last year (Source: SocialMediaToday.com).
- “Shane Dawson TV” channel makes $315,000 annually and has close to 3 million subscribers. And He’s only 22 years old!
- The Annoying Orange” channel makes $288,000 yearly.
- Phillip DeFranco’s estimated annual earnings are $181,000.
These are among the top earners but just know that they are normal people doing this and not celebrities or superstars! So it's definitely possible.
If you love to shoot your own original videos and you want people to see them, this seems like a no-brainer.
It shouldn't take you more than an hour to shoot and upload an original video, and it definitely seems like it is worth the time and effort.
Even if you don't make money directly on YouTube, there is the chance that backlinking to another one of your articles will at least help them make some money.
Other Real Online Money Making Tips
YouTube is just one of the ways you can make real money online.
Whether you have your own niche blog or you write online for a revenue sharing site like Seekyt, the opportunities are plenty. Here, I've listed a bunch of online passive income money making ideas.
I think it's important to diversify how you make your money online and I've listed some tips and tricks on how you can do this.
Thanks for reading and hopefully now you can see, many YouTubers do in fact make money!