Many people spend money on delivery diets each year. Here is a review of NutriSystem
This is an update on my experience with NutriSystem. I am getting off the program and am proud to say this is probably the first of the holiday season where I have actually lost weight than gained it. Ho, ho, ho! Mmmâ¦.Ho-hos? Nope, just kidding. Why I am quitting this diet when I've had so much success in a short amount of time- 1 month? Well, I've dropped a pant size- whoopee, and believe I have gleaned the finer points of the NutriSystem system to keep going on my own. The other reason is- frankly I'm sick of the food. Not literally, I just want something some food that resembles something fresh, organic, delicious, and non-GMO. Is that too much to ask of our food these days? I hope not! It's about time I start supporting my local farmer's market again and finish up this article that shares my personal experience. For people on the fence wondering whether they should start a post-holiday delivery diet plan- this is a place for insights.
What NutriSystem is Good at:
- Making the meals oh-so easy. Most of the meals are microwavable or ready to eat. They accomplish this by putting in a little packet that that keeps the food "fresh."
- Clearly labeling the food. Marked, breakfast, lunch, dinner. It's a no-brainer when it comes to meal time. And yes, you can interchange the meals if you really want to.
- Offering a plan for vegetarians. This is a rarity even among the many delivery diet plans out there.
- Offering desserts. Who expected one could eat sweet treats on a diet. They are packed with protein so are much more filling that other indulgences, although not quite as delicious.
- Providing online support: Before signing up, I had a lot of questions and went to a lot of reviews like this one to make sure that I wasn't going to get scammed. They were very good about clarifying any questions.
- Encouraging exercise: Nutrisystem suggests a routine of cardio and strength building and offers a place on line to keep track of your minutes and the calories burned.
- Making meal combinations that fill you up. Most of the meals have a high protein content.
- Letting you eat a lot throughout the day. With NutriSystem, you can eat several times a day. I was never hungry.
- Training the stomach to be happy with smaller portions. After the first week, eating smaller meals are no big deal.
- Providing a list of where you can eat when you dine out. This is helpful on days when you are meeting friends for lunch or going out to dinner with a partner or family.
- Encourages drinking adequate amounts of water. I am a huge proponent of this and am glad to find a diet system that reminds people to drink water when other scammy diet tricks promote dehydration instead.
- Helping you loose weight! I lost enough to drop a dress size.
What NutriSystem is Not Good At
- Keeping the meals savory. Tofu, or soy is a main ingredient for the vegetarian option. Everything soy. I got sick of it and after a while everything started tasting the same.
- Getting indigestion and gas. Yep, it happened. I guess because of all that soy. I have a sneaking suspicion that the company uses low quality, cheap GMO ingredients but didn't do research into the sourcesâ¦just got some undesirable effects.
That's about it for the cons..
Overall, I'm quitting a successful diet simply because I am sick of the food. Although I am losing weight I am not satisfied with the flavors but moreover feel guilty about the quality of ingredients I am putting in my body. This is processed, manufactured food. It gets repetitive. I am very thankful for going through the program, if even for a short while it was a success. My stomach was retrained to be satisfied with smaller portions, and I will also aim to incorporate more protein into meals to keep feeling satisfied. NutriSystem, I've found is one of the diets that work for me. If I continue with these basics I can continue losing weight. Only 1 more dress size away! The major question to ask is, would I do it again? Yes. Absolutely. I would go so far as recommend it too. I think it for those who want the convenience and an easy start at losing weight the NutriSystem diet is worth some consideration.