Why Oatmeal Works
For many reasons, eating oatmeal is one of the best ways to start off your morning and to help your metabolism through your entire day. Here are some reasons as to why oatmeal does what it does:
- First off, It is a food that will give you energy for the rest of the day. In order to achieve solid energy levels throughout your day, you need to fuel your body with food that will let blood-sugar levels rise slowly, then stay similar for long stretches of time, and finally go down slowly. A big bowl of oatmeal accomplishes this because it contains soluble fiber that helps to slow absorption of glucose from the food that is in your stomach. This keeps your blood-sugar levels pretty steady, giving you more energy. More energy can mean more exercising or improvement of exercises.
- Oatmeal is also low in calories. It’s about 166 calories per cup of unenriched oatmeal that is cooked with water. Eating a low-calorie meal such as oatmeal for breakfast is able to help you stay within your calorie budget for the day.
- It is one of the best foods that make you lose weight because it also contains about 4g. of fiber per cup. Adding foods that are high in fiber to your diet is able to help you lose weight because it causes you to feel fuller faster and for much longer time periods. Fiber also helps to stimulate your digestive system, allowing your body to get rid of waste far more efficiently.
- Because of its slow release of complex sugars and its ability to stabilize blood sugar levels, your body will choose to use fat as an energy source while working out, which means higher losses after intense cardio sessions.
Other Benefits of Oatmeal
As you can see, oatmeal can be used to control your weight, but it also has other known benefits:
- Oatmeal reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes in adults.
- It lowers blood cholesterol.
- And finally, oatmeal helps support a healthy heart.
While there are many different types of oatmeal types out there, not all of them are able to be used as a food to help you lose weight. It is important to buy the unsweetened and unflavored kind. The instant kinds that are often sold in boxes of less than 10 packets, are generally loaded with high sugar content and calories. You can even try out the steel-cut oat variety if you’re interested in finding an oatmeal with a bit more texture. This kind often takes longer to cook, but it’s well worth the wait. Perhaps another great reason that oatmeal is considered one of the best foods that make you lose weight is because of its price. For an entire barrel of oats, it is generally less than $10. That’s pretty decent for a breakfast that could last you for much longer than a box of cereal would.
Finding little ways here and there to help you in your weight loss goal can benefit you a lot in the long run. Eating oatmeal for breakfast is able to provide you with a plethora of healthy benefits, which can include weight loss management and even a healthy heart. Overall, implementing oatmeal into your diet is cheap and effective. The benefits to this breakfast food demonstrate that the answer to the recurring question does oatmeal help you lose weight is most definitely yes!