There is a lot of Dog Training Tips that you can find online these days , but it is important that you get the right advice.If you have a brand new puppy or even an old dog, it is important that you invest some of your time training them correctly.
Here are a few tips that you may be interested in if you need dog training help with your pet:
1. Positive Reinforcement - While there are many theories on the best way to train your dog, many dog training experts agree that positive reinforcement is the best way to go. You can do this by rewarding your dog with a verbal praise such as "good dog", or a physical praise such as giving your dog a pat or a food reward. Try not to yell, hit or punish your dog.
2. Consistency Is Crucial - If you are training your dog on a certain skill or trick, it is best to train them at the same time every day. This helps your dog know what your expectations are, as they can learn much faster when they know what to do. If you are using food rewards in your training, it is best to do it before their meal time , so they are more hungry and motivated.
3. Patience - You may find that dogs seem to learn and remember certain things in waves. For example, one day they may pick things up very quickly and then the next day it seems you have to start from the very beginning again. So it is important that you have patience and train your dog in small steps.
4. Use More Hand Actions - Some dogs find it easier to understand hand actions more than verbal ones. Try to give a hand action to each trick or training technique. This is also one of the most important dog training help that you can get for your pet.
5. Train In Small Sessions - Dogs have very short attention spans, so it is important that you do not train for more than 10 minutes at a time. When starting out, you may want to train them for only 1 or 2 minutes. By keeping the training session very short, they will learn to enjoy the session more.
6. End Your Training On A Positive Note - When your dog learns a new technique or trick , it is very hard work, so always reward or praise your dog. You may want to look at buying dog toys, which are great when rewarding your dog, they will enjoy this time with their new toy and be more happy and content.
7. Keep Your Dog Healthy - One of the most valuable dog training help that you can get from the experts suggests that you feed your dog good quality pet food, giving them plenty of fresh clean water and also make sure they get enough exercise and sleep. A healthy dog is always a happy dog and they will learn your training techniques far more quickly.
Getting dog training help when you need it is crucial, as it can become quite stressful for yourself,your family and of course your dog as well. By taking your training at a slow pace, you will find it will be a lot easier to train your dog.