Water: Good for Weight Loss, Good for Health
Tips for Drinking More H2OCredit: http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=2125
Most people know that when you’re trying to lose weight, you need to drink water. When H2O is what you’re primarily drinking while following a weight loss plan, you will drop the weight faster. As a guideline, someone who is trying to lose weight (or just be healthy) should drink 6 to 8 (8 oz) glasses of water daily but 8 to 10 glasses will be even better if you want to see results. It might seem hard at first but your body will get used to it. Just grab a glass every time you sit down to watch TV or log on to the computer. Soon, like watching your favorite show or surfing the internet, drinking water will become a habit.
Here are some ways to make drinking water “easier to swallow” (pun intended):
- Keep your glass for water out on the kitchen counter. You can use your favorite glass or cup for this or you can even make this even more special by going shopping for a your water glass. Use one that you like so that filling it and drinking is always a pleasant experience for you. Fill that glass and drink from it every time you walk into the kitchen.
- Another way to get that water in is to drink a glass before each meal. This will ensure that you get in your daily goal amount and it will help to fill you up before the meal.
- Take a water bottle with you wherever you go. If you always have your water with you, you’re less likely to skip drinking it or to choose something else to drink instead. I know that I'm lazy enough to drink from a water bottle next to me rather than stop at a convenience store to buy something else to drink. Hopefully, you are, too.
- When eating out, skip the soda or alcohol and stick with water. It’s cheaper and better for you.
- When you wake up in the morning, knock down a glass or water. This will re-hydrate your body after the night’s fast and get you going in the best possible way.
- If you don’t like the taste of water, you can add a squirt of lemon or lime to flavor it.
- If you don’t like the taste of water, drink it cold. Many people find cold water easier to drink than when it’s not.
Keep in Mind Why Water is So Important:
- Your body is made up of more than 70% water.
- Your body’s cells require water for optimal function.
- Some vitamins and minerals can only be dissolved in water.
- Water helps your body control your blood pressure and body temperature.
- Ironically, when you don’t give your body enough water it retains it and, when you’re giving your body all of the water it needs, your body won’t hold on to it. (I know! It makes no sense!)
- Fat escapes your body through sweating and urination. If you’re not drinking enough water, you’re not allowing the efficient exit of fat.
To lose weight faster, drink plenty of water. You will feel better as well!
Amazon Price: $39.99 Too low to display Buy Now
(price as of May 5, 2014)