Is it possible to make money article writing?
Let me be the first to say, yes, you can earn money from article writing! Many thousands of people do it everyday, and I'm one of them. Now, I'm nowhere near to the top earner-- some people, even on Infobarrel, make thousands of dollars a month just from writing articles online!
So, how do I get started?
The first step if you want to create articles and get paid is to sign up to be a writer on Infobarrel. It's free! (Disclosure: That is my sign-up refferal link, and while it won't cost you anything or take any percentage of your profits, I will get credit for having reffered you, which I would appreciate. If you don't feel comfortable with that, simply open a new browser window and go to the Infobarrel site and look for the sign up link.)
Why write for InfoBarrel?
Infobarrel is my favorite site for online writers. It is truly a site made for writers, not neccesarily "internet marketers" or promoters, although there are plenty of those that use this site. High-quality articles written abouta wide variety of non-commercail and commercial topics can succeed and get the attention they deserve here, so if you love to write, this is the site for you.
Here are my Top 5 Reasons Why I Love Infobarrel:
1. Quality Control- Infobarrel requires that your first few articles be manually read and approved by the admin team before publication, and before auto-approval. This setsa barrierto entry to greatly reduce the number of spammers and spinners that get through, improving the quality of the site overall.
2. Great Community- The forums here are incredibly supportive and filled with other writers just like you who are trying to make money online. Also, the admin team here at IB is the best of any Revenue Sharing website, and will always get back to you within a day or two.
3. Great Revenue Sharing- The way revenue sharing sites like IB work is that the writers writ great content, and thesite administration manages the ads, such as google adsense, and shares any profits with the writer of the article. You earn anywhere from 75% - 90% of the revenue generated from your article, depending on several factors, such as how many articles you published the previous month, and whether you submitted any to the editorial calendar.
4. The Monthly Contest- InfoBarrel very smartly has a writers' contest every month, usually for who publishes the highest amount of quality content. At the time of this writing, the prizes are as follows: 1st place, 100$ added to your IB earnings account, 2nd place, 50$ added to your IB earnings account, 3rd place, 25$ added to your IB earnings account. Pretty exciting!
5. The Ability to Get Featured- Every month, InfoBarrel releases an editorial calendar with certain subjects for certain days. You can submit articles you published that month to the calendar, to the appropriate subjects, and if you have a high-quality article, you can be featured on the main page of InfoBarrel! If you submit a lot of high quality stuff, your chances of getting featured are high. And when you get featured, that means a lot of traffic to your article.
Use DragonSpeak software to increase your online-writing productivity!
Amazon Price: $99.99 $35.00 Buy Now
(price as of Sep 4, 2013)
So, can I just write about anything I want?
...or, "Why Keyword Research is So Important"
Sure, you can write about anything you want. But what's the point if this exercise? Making money from the articles, right?
Well if you want to make money from your articles, you've got to get traffic to those articles.
And the easiest way to get traffic is to get found naturally from the search engines (google, yahoo, bing, etc.)
And the easiest way to get found naturally from the search engines is to write articles that target low-competition, moderate-search-volume keywords. Meaning, a good number of people are looking for that thing, but there aren't that many well-done pages about it already.
So how do you find those little gold nuggets? There are tons of articles and websites out there about keyword research, and you can do it using only the free Google Adwords tool, and some other things.
There are also tons of non-free keyword research tools out there. I wrote a review on the one that I use, it's called Long Tail Pro, and it has really been working for me.
Suffice it to say that you make your money in the online-writing business before you even write: with the research.
How do I get ideas to start researching keywords?
It all depends on what you are interested in. There are profitable niches and keywords in almost every area. Say you're a stay at home mom, and you use cloth diapers. I know for a fact that since cloth diapering is making a come back, there are quite a few keywords that have a high search volume and low competition. Or maybe you can write about the new toys that will be coming out this Christmas?
If you're a hunter, see if your favorite hunting and fishing gadgets may have some good keywords, or even write articles about hunting techniques that people are searching for.
The possibilities are endless when it comes to finding things to write about.
Here are my Top 3 Idea Generators for Keyword Research:
1. The Amazon Top Sellers List in your Area of Interest- Are you someone who loves to travel? Search the top sellers for luggage in amazon.com and then research some of those products in your keyword tool of choice.
2. News Sites- Maybe you can find a hot topic in politics or the economy that is getting a lot of searches, but it's relatively new and therefore doesn't have much quality content already published. Just make sure that your article will stand the test of time, and not be forgotten about next week.
3. Google Auto-Complete- Have you ever noticed when you start typing something into the google search engine, how a drop-down box appears to give you some options? Try that with your subject area, or even with phrases like "how to..." or "best cheap..." if you're stuck.
So, are you ready to get writing?
If you are ready to earn money from article writing, then I suggest you start here at Infobarrel. It's a friendly place, and a great site to learn the ropes of internet marketing. Best of luck to you in your online endeavors!
Amazon Price: $2.99 Buy Now
(price as of Sep 4, 2013)