It is possible to achieve acne free skin using home remedies for acne. Instead of trying one acne product after another from the store, many people have discovered they can control the redness, bumps, and breakouts using simple home remedies for acne. After doing considerable research, talking with other acne suffers, and trying numerous acne remedies myself, here is a detailed listing of some the best home remedies for acne in the way of skin washes that will help with cleaning the skin and improving skin conditions.
These facial washes will act to strip away excess oil which is one of the main causes of acne. They will also help to sooth the skin and decrease the size of the pores. Be sure you are not sensitive to any of the ingredients by testing them on a small patch of your skin the day before applying them to your face. After washing the skin, it is important to replace the natural oils you have removed to prevent drying and if the skin is irritated a facial mask can help. See my articles on facial masks and moisturizers to discover some good choices to use.
1. Use a gentle, plain soap such as Dove, Ivory, or Castile.
2. Blend together: 1 peeled cucumber, 1 Tablesp. raw honey, 1 Tablesp. olive oil, 1/2 cup baking soda, and 1/2 cup water. Puree the mixture and store in a tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. To use, stir the mixture and cover the affected area with it. Use the fingers to massage the skin in small circular motions with the wash for some 3 to 5 minutes. Rinse with cool water and pat dry. If you have very oily skin, leave the olive oil off.
3. Mix 1 Tablesp. fat free milk, 1 Tablesp. apple cider vinegar, 1 teasp. raw honey and 2 drops of olive oil, together. Rinse the face with warm water, then apply the mixture. Rub the mixture over the skin, using a gentle circular motion, for 2 minutes. Rinse with cool water and pat dry.
4. To 1/2 cup of uncooked oatmeal add 2 Tablesps. plain yogurt. Mix well and apply to face. Massage the face with the mixture and then let sit for 10 to 15 minutes before washing off.
5. Combine: 3 crushed aspirins in Tb. of water + 2 drops honey + 2 drops aloe vera - mix well, use as scrub for 2 minutes and rinse.
6. Use Head and Shoulders shampoo as a facial wash.
7. Place one teaspoon of dry Rosemary in a cup of warm water and allow it to soak for 15 minutes. Use the liquid to wash the affected area.
8. Mix the juice from 1 lemon, 1 tablespoon of baking soda, 2 tablespoons of sugar, and enough water to make a paste. Use the mixture to wash the face like any facial scrub. Rinse well and moisturize.
9. Use a gentle facial soap to suds up a washcloth. Sprinkle baking soda liberally over the soapy cloth and then wash your face with it. Rinse well and apply moisturizer.
Other home acne remedies to try include, facial masks, moisturizers, astringents, and skin soothers. When washing the skin, it is important to not use water that is too hot or to scrub too vigorously. There is no need to steam or cook the face or to scrub the skin off. You simply want to remove any surface oils, dirts, and dead skin cells before applying a moisturizer. It is possible to cure acne or keep it under control without having to resort to strong medicines. Home remedies for acne are the way to go.