After reading this article you needn't worry about going to the salon again.
- One benefit of performing a manicure or pedicure at home is that we can monitor the products we are using unlike in a salon where cheap products may be used that can damage the nail.
- Another reason is that we needn't worry about sterilizing the manicure tools.
- Performing your manicure or pedicure at home will save you at least $30 that you spend in the salon.
- It will also save you the time spent making appointments and time wanted on the road.
Oil bath and easy manicure
I have given step by step instructions that are easy to follow; here we go.
- The first job is to remove your nail polish. Use a nail polish remover to do this.
- If you are thinking about sticking to home manicure then invest some money in buying a good manicure set and some nail care products. Hopefully your manicure tools and products can be used for a year.
- If you have never been to a salon for manicure then you better go at least once, so that you can see the methods and techniques the manicurist uses on you. Then you will have a better idea of the procedures and can practice the same at home.
- Next if you already have discolored nails due to constant use of nail polish then rub some white vinegar or lime juice with the help of cotton balls to the nail. This will remove stains from your nail resulting in better looking nails.
- Now chop. Ouch...sorry cut your nails according to you choice, round, flat or oval in shape. Oval nails suit most fingers and it gives your finger a nice long look. If you have been to a manicurist previously you would have noticed that nails are cut from end to center then from the other end to center. This is to make sure that your nail is cut symmetrically. (Make sure you use a sharp nail clipper; if not your nail ends might chip)
- Now you have to soften your nail so let us soak it in drops of body wash lathered in warm water, this will soften your nail. Make sure the water is very warm never hot. Add a few drops of olive oil so that your nails and fingers are not over dried. (Soak only the nails in a bowl)
- Now you have to moisturize your nails so apply a little nail cream, cuticle cream or some warm olive oil (heat it slightly) and massage your nails and fingers (You would have watched your beautician do this) You can also soak your nails in milk for 5 minutes, this will strengthen the nails.
- Now you have to push back the cuticle very carefully. You can use a cuticle stick or a Popsicle stick. Your cuticle will be soft after the soaking and moisturizing so you can easily push it back.
- Then use a nail buffer to take away the ridges and to polish your nails. Use a nail filer to file your nails.
- Now use a scrub or some fine sugar crystals to exfoliate your skin. Rub in for a minute then rinse.
- Lastly apply some good hand moisturizer. Its better if you can wear a pair of cotton gloves afterwards, for 15 minutes till your moisturizer is absorbed.
Quick and easy pedicure
Pedicure is the way of improving the look of your feet. Pedicure can prevent nail diseases that are caused due to neglect of the condition of the feet and pedicure can also prevent nail disorders.
Pedicures are normally for the leg below the knee. It includes nail treatment, scrubbing the heal and also waxing the leg. It ends with a lovely massage that will make you feel like starting a pedicure all over again.
This weekly pedicure will ensure that your tiny toes are always presentable.
- The first step in both manicure and pedicure is to remove your nail polish. Remove with a cotton ball soaked in nail polish remover.
- Soak your feet in a basin of warm water mixed with some foot wash or body wash and a few drops of olive oil. (Make sure that the basin you use is solely for soaking feet and not used for another purpose like for washing clothes etc. As it is not hygienic) when you are soaking your feet do something that relaxes you like reading or knitting. Soak for 15 minutes.
- Now your feet will be soft and the heel is ready to be scrubbed. Use a pumice stone to remove dead skin from heal and balls of the feet. Do not try to scrub out cracks; Cracks should be healed form within.
- Cut your nails across in a straight line. Remove any dirt from under the nail mainly on the sides of the nail.
- Use a filer to push back the cuticles.
- Use a soft brush to scrub the nails and a soft towel to scrub the area between the toes.
- Now apply moisturizing soap or a scrub and wash the feet thoroughly.
- Dry feet and apply foot cream or a good moisturizer and massage it onto your feet.
You will notice that with time a home manicure and pedicure will give good results. It will make your skin look healthy and your aching feet will feel better. As this pedicure enhances blood circulation it will also relaxes your muscles.
NOW IT'S TIME FOR THE COMMENT AND RATING.
I WILL BE VERY HAPPY IF YOU CAN TELL ME SOME ABOUT THIS ARTICLE; EITHER WAY IT'S PLUS AND MINUS.