Prep Time: 7-10 Minutes
Cook Time: 5-10 Minutes
In today's hustle and bustle it is impossible to cook a meal for the kids every night. One has a soccer game, the other has basketball practice, you have to work late and the kids still have homework. There's only three hours left until bedtime and you still haven't had a chance to relax. Taco Pie to the rescue! This dish takes 15-20 minutes from start to finish and it's delicious!
You will need:
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 can Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 2 cups shredded mexican cheese
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 bag of tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup of water
Optional ingredients: black beans, lettuce, tomato, sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. In a large pan, brown ground beef until it is no longer pink. Drain excess grease and return the beef to the pan.
3. Add taco seasoning to ground beef and toss until fully covered.
4. In a separate pan combine cream of chicken, cream of mushroom soup and water. Cook at medium heat just until heated throughout.
5. Combine soup and beef mixture and cook covered on medium low for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. In an 8x8 baking dish place a layer of tortilla chips on the bottom of the pan (large pieces are better for the bottom). Add a layer of soup/beef mixture, (Add layers of cooked black beans if desired), follow with a layer of shredded cheese. Add a layer of crumbled tortilla chips. Add another layer of soup/beef mixture, follow with another layer of shredded cheese. Top with tortilla chips and another layer of cheese.
7. Place the baking dish in the oven for 5-10 minutes, just long enough to melt the cheese.
Top with lettuce, tomato and sour cream as desired and enjoy!