You will definitely want to learn how to make Jell-O shots with vodka if you plan on entertaining for a small group or large crowd. Vodka is the best alcohol to use when making Jell-O shots, as it goes with many flavors. These have become popular drinks for many occasions, like company picnics, sports parties or neighborhood barbecues. Jell-O shots can take the place of alcoholic beverages at parties while putting some food in your tummy. Find out what flavors your guests enjoy and make up a batch of them for lots of jiggly fun.
To make Jell-O shots with vodka, you will need:
- Ten ounces of 80-proof vodka
- Six ounces cold water
- One six-ounce box of Jell-O or gelatin mix
- Two cups water for boiling
- Cooking oil or non-stick spray
- Two mixing bowls
- A two-quart saucepan
- Twenty shot glasses or shooter cups
- Place the water on medium-high heat. Bring to a rolling boil.
- Add gelatin mix or Jell-O to mixing bowl.
- Pour boiling water into the Jell-O mix. Mix together and dissolve the gelatin. Set aside to cool for twenty minutes.
- Mix the vodka and cold water together in mixing bowl. Use flavored vodka with the same flavor of Jell-O mix, or experiment with complementary flavors like citron vodka and cherry Jell-O.
- Coat the shot cups with cooking oil or spray. Dab the bottom with oil on a paper towel or lightly spray the inner cup.
- Pour the vodka and cold water mixture into the Jell-O mix. Never add alcohol to boiling water; let the Jell-O set for fifteen to 30 minutes before adding the vodka.
- Pour the Jell-O and vodka mixture into the shooter cups.
- Refrigerate until a firm consistency is reached. It will take longer than usual for the Jell-O to set properly because of the alcohol. It will be two to six hours before the shooters are ready for serving. This recipe makes twenty servings of one shot, or 1.5 ounces.
Use Jell-O shot cups with lids to stack in the refrigerator and save room. Have toothpicks available to loosen the shooter cup edges so the shot comes out in one piece. Non-stick spray helps to facilitate this. Slurp each Jell-O shooter with vodka whole into your mouth, like oysters from a shell.