Easy Workouts at Home for a Busy Person
There never seems to be time to exercise at the gym, so try these easy workouts at home. They say, "Necessity is the mother of invention." Here's how to invent some extra time for you to exercise. Add up all those minutes you spend waiting. Waiting at home for the washer to fill up, a pot to boil, the oven timer to buzz, or while you are placed on hold on the phone. Use those precious minutes to exercise while you wait. Try these easy workouts at home.
Things You'll Need:
Determination to exercise
A few minutes here and there
Easy workouts at home while waiting for the washing machine to fill with water.
1. With the side of your body facing the washer, place your right hand on the washer (for support and safety). While standing straight and tall, raise your right leg up as high as possible in front of you. Then bring your leg down and back, extending it behind you as far as possible. Next, with the same stance, place your left hand on the washer, and raise your left leg up as high as possible in front of you. Bring your left leg down and back. Do as many as comfortable, and try to add more as the days go by.
2. Facing the washer, with both of your hands on it (for support and safety), lift your right leg out and up sideways as far as possible. Next, do the left leg. Do a set number of repetitions for each leg, and try to add more.
3. Facing the washer, with both of your hands on it, step back one step (or whatever is comfortable for you), and lift your right leg up behind you as far as you can. Next, do your left leg. As stated above, do the number of repetitions you comfortably can, and try to add more in the future.
Easy workouts at home while waiting for a pot to boil.
1. Stand tall; join both hands in front of you, and lift joined hands up and over your head. Do as many as you can and/or have time for.
2. Stand tall, with your hands stretched out on each side at waist height. Rotate your upper body as far right as possible while keeping your lower body still. Next, rotate your upper body as far left as possible. Repeat in a slow repetition, and increase repetitions when you comfortably can. Caution: Be sure you have enough space to do this exercise without hitting anything in the kitchen.
Easy workouts at home while you wait for the oven timer to buzz.
1. Try a new line dance step, or practice an old step.
2. Stretch your arms straight out on each side at shoulder height. Holding your arms and shoulders firm, slowly bend to the right as far as possible and then straighten up. Again, with your arms and shoulders firm, slowly bend to the left as far as possible and then straighten up. Start with a small number of repetitions, and increase as you can.
Easy workouts at home while placed on hold on the phone.
1. Improve your balance and strength by standing with one leg bent at the knee and lifted, while standing on the other leg. Maintain the stance as long as possible, and then repeat with the other leg. Stand near a counter or chair, just in case you need something for support. Again, start with a small number of repetitions, and increase as you can.
2. Do hip rotations. Rotate hips in one direction for a number of counts, then reverse, and rotate your hips in the next direction.
Think of other waiting times you have, and find easy workouts at home you can do while you are waiting, and just add them to your personal routine. Be sure to check with your doctor before beginning any exercise program, even this easy workouts at home exercise plan.
For a complete list of my Info Barrel articles, click here.